good marketing idea .. or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahc

Reaction score
my daughters school have approached me to see if wanted to have a stall at their summer pamper day - they said they'd rather i sold items than did treatments as have several people doing that already .. dont actually carry much cnd retail stuff, cant afford to and dont really want to be buying loads lotions, files etc may not be able to sell but what i do have a lot of are the little solar pinkies .. so, was thinking of putting a little pinkie in an organza bag along with some sequin confetti and a £5 voucher off a treatment over £25 - so in effect they're getting the pinkie free saving cpl quid and im gaining a booking and possibly a new client - then same for the kids parties - bag with file,nail art stickers and polish - for say £5 and they get £10 voucher off a party costing £80+
was thinking having my portfolio on display and perhaps nail pops painted up, minx albums plus loads business cards - what do you think ?
just thought would generate interest in the services i offer and would have little

obviously not :lol:

Hiya
The only summer fair i've ever done at a school was where I actually did treatments - just painting the children's nails. I also had all my literature on the table next to me. I think I got one booking from it though she became a regular so it was worth it. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

I think the kids one is a good idea as they are getting a few little bits but i think the adults one may do better if you make it so that they buy the solar oil & get the voucher free. i dont know about your schools but here everything at the fetes has to be really cheap as the kids want one of everything
Bea

thanks
yes thats what i meant buy the solar oil get the voucher free but was going to pretty it up in little goody bag
have had a rethink about the other offer ..
its actually a secondary school, so guessing wont be so many little ones .. might make up goody bags tailored for the older girls - and perhaps offer £5 off minx or rockstars rather than a party
also doing kids nail art at another school fete - infants/juniors any tips for that would be much appreciated redduck .. hoping to get more than one booking though, giving my time for free!

The £5 off minx/rockstars should go down well at a secondary school. Fingers crossed you'll get more than one client from it. Mind you, I can't complain as she has 3 treatments a month and often buys gift vouchers...we need quality clients, lol!

Latest posts

Back