Good news from PPL

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
Wooooohooooo

As of the 8th July you can now pay your radio licence over 4months instead of big lump sum :)

Thought I would let you know as I have been on the phone with them today 😆

Hi hon,
I don't pay for my license... I just buy license free music e.g ichill
Really good value and definitely cheaper in the long run xx

Wooooohooooo

As of the 8th July you can now pay your radio licence over 4months instead of big lump sum :)

Thought I would let you know as I have been on the phone with them today 😆

You have to have a license? Really never knew xx

You have to have a license? Really never knew xx

You have to have 2 chick ppl and prs it's a pretty big fine if you play music without one unless you play loyalty free music then you don't need a licence x

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to have 2 chick ppl and prs it's a pretty big fine if you play music without one unless you play loyalty free music then you don't need a licence x

For having the radio on or for playing music I have already downloaded? I'm confused. X

What about LBC talk radio?

What about LBC talk radio?

I think you still need PRS but PPL is a touchy subject with talk radio. If it is pure talk radio then yes you don't need a PPL license. However it can be more hassle then just having one as most stories I can find end up with battles and them constantly fining you unless you take them to court and get it fought.

I think you still need PRS but PPL is a touchy subject with talk radio. If it is pure talk radio then yes you don't need a PPL license. However it can be more hassle then just having one as most stories I can find end up with battles and them constantly fining you unless you take them to court and get it fought.

I agree if its complete talk ya kinda ok but if there are adverts with even abit of music in they will say its a music licence you need, they're clever with it.
Look into these licences before you play any more music chick to be on the safe side x

I agree if its complete talk ya kinda ok but if there are adverts with even abit of music in they will say its a music licence you need, they're clever with it.
Look into these licences before you play any more music chick to be on the safe side x

Ummmm, I'll play the royalty free music I have then. Thanks x

Silly question alert.....

If I was to rent a room above a tattoo shop, and they had a music license, would I still need 1? Address will be the same as tattoo shop.

Thanks x

Silly question alert.....

If I was to rent a room above a tattoo shop, and they had a music license, would I still need 1? Address will be the same as tattoo shop.

Thanks x

Not a daft question hub I asked the same to them because where I work there is me but through a little side door is a hairdresser, we are 2 separate businesses he has his own name for his shop as do I but the address is the same.
You can have 2 businesses under the same address listening to music but it has to come from one radio.
So it's ok if the tattoo artist has a licence n plays decent music that you can hear but if not get your own licence that's what I'm having to do as the hairdresser swaps stations all the time and I don't like what he listens to x

Not a daft question hub I asked the same to them because where I work there is me but through a little side door is a hairdresser, we are 2 separate businesses he has his own name for his shop as do I but the address is the same.
You can have 2 businesses under the same address listening to music but it has to come from one radio.
So it's ok if the tattoo artist has a licence n plays decent music that you can hear but if not get your own licence that's what I'm having to do as the hairdresser swaps stations all the time and I don't like what he listens to x

I'll need to get a license then, don't think my clients will want dub-step and drum and base while having a massage or nail done :) xx

Latest posts

Back