Good UV light?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riss

Reaction score
Could you guys suggest a good UV light to cure gel? I have found numerous on the internet...and they are cheaper than say, the Creative one..but not sure if "cheaper" means "not good"
Any suggestions?

Use the light that is designed to work with the system of UV Gel you are using.

A lot of techs will tell you that they can cure their gel "just fine" with any old lamp, but we are nail technicians, not scientists, not chemists, nor are we experts in UV Light and it's output.

So for example, if you are using CND Brisa, you need to use it's lamp specifically. It may LOOK fully cured, but it won't BE fully cured, And you won't have any idea until the nail pops off in one big piece, or chips, or dulls, or somehow breaks down in some other way. Or until your client ends up with a sensitivity or full blown allergy from being exposed to uncured product repeatedly.

The Brisa lamp has a higher UV Output that has NOTHING to do with wattage. It's UV output is HIGHER, because Brisa has a low PHOTOINITIATOR, which is what makes the gel react to the UV and cure. This low amount of PI, and the lack of other known allergens such as toulene, formaldehyde, and gluteraldehyde, are why Brisa is one of the only hypoallergenic UV Gels on the market.

I hope this helps you make a better informed decision, not based on merely price :)

Oh and I am 30 miles from the border of northeast Utah! Hello neighbor! :)

We are neighbors!! :) I have wondered if anyone goes on here that's close to me!

Wonder no more lol ;)

I travel through Utah frequently on my way to Vegas- I have family there, and it's also where I went to Beauty School :D

Latest posts

Back