Goodbye Dry & Shine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollyballoo

Truly, Madly Geeky...
Reaction score
Quite a while back (maybe over a year ago or more), I was told that Dry & Shine was being discontinued from the Creative range - recently, I was told that it is no longer being discontinued and yet the catalogue says that stock is limited.

Does anyone know what is actually happening with this - my clients love this product so I don't know whether to go mad and stockpile them?!

Hollyballoo said:
Quite a while back (maybe over a year ago or more), I was told that Dry & Shine was being discontinued from the Creative range - recently, I was told that it is no longer being discontinued and yet the catalogue says that stock is limited.

Does anyone know what is actually happening with this - my clients love this product so I don't know whether to go mad and stockpile them?!
To be honest Paola we still have it and we have heard nothing recently - there was talk yes but maybe they are going to repackage it instead??? Don't worry for the mo!

Mrs Geek said:
To be honest Paola we still have it and we have heard nothing recently - there was talk yes but maybe they are going to repackage it instead??? Don't worry for the mo!

Okay, worry over - BUT let me know if the situation changes won't you! They all have enough to be going on with for the time being, but I was just worried that when they come to replace, I will have to disappoint them....and we wouldn't want that - you don't know these ladies - fierce isn't a strong enough description for them when they are disappointed :eek: !!!!

Hollyballoo said:
fierce isn't a strong enough description for them when they are disappointed :eek: !!!!
Yikes - promise to keep you informed!;)

How does dry and shine work? it looks milky in the pictures, is it? J xx

Yes I saw this yesterday in the OSNS and I was curious. I normally would ask Diane but the poor love was stacked out I've never seen so many teks it was a shopping frenzie ..

Dry & Shine is a lime creme based enamel dryer! You need to apply thinly over your enamel coverage (generally Base Coat, 2 coats of colour, top coat) - it penetrates through all layers and dries the enamel from the bottom up! When your enamel goes dull, you take a cotton wool ball and shine it up! The dullness is the alarm to tell you your enamel is dry and you are ready to 'shine' - the secret is really to apply thinly!! I am glad Hollyballoo mentioned this because it has been a misunderstood product and actually works very well!!! :biggrin:

Mrs Geek said:
Dry & Shine is a lime creme based enamel dryer! You need to apply thinly over your enamel coverage (generally Base Coat, 2 coats of colour, top coat) - it penetrates through all layers and dries the enamel from the bottom up! When your enamel goes dull, you take a cotton wool ball and shine it up! The dullness is the alarm to tell you your enamel is dry and you are ready to 'shine' - the secret is really to apply thinly!! I am glad Hollyballoo mentioned this because it has been a misunderstood product and actually works very well!!! :biggrin:

Well I never I think I might invest in some for retail - I assume it will be at Gmex so I think I will buy...thanks for that explanation..

The Creative description for it is "a water-based, deeply penetrating top coat that quickly and thoroughly dries nail enamel. It leaves nails shiny, moisturized and protected with a water-resistant barrier. Contains a plasticizing agent that fills pores in the polish" and yes, it does all of this - the nails feel really lovely afterwards - love it!

Latest posts

Back