Graduated bob dilemma!! Pic attached

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im pretty sure graduated bob wasnt in the course content when i qualified 2 years ago?? i was lucky i had someone come into college who wanted it so went through step by step with my lecturer but even now this is the haircut that stops me setting up mobile as it scares the pants off me lol!!
i do have a few people who have had it but i just panic over how graduated it should be (or they want) and it makes me feel sick every time someone asks for it, although the front has never been an issue really its the back lol

im shocked by some of your responses about how they haircut has been bodged and covered up or they dont care :suprised: maybe im too hard on myself about worrying they will like what ive done as it is knocking my confidence hugely
Me too, I did one about 3 weeks ago but my client booked in two weeks prior to that and I felt really ill. I was up until the early hours of the morning for two weeks just watching dvd's on how to cut a grad bob. I evenutually cut it more or less like for like in the dvd, but it took me about 45 mins just to put the neck line alone in. I was more mortified with the length of time it took me, but I was very happy with the outcome as was my client. I need lots more practise with bobs too, especially the timing, it's just getting the clients to practise on!!! xx

I used to have a bob, i loved my short grad inverted bobo, but ended up going for a change - because my stylist got more and more carried away each time i visited!! The sides where fine, but the inversion at the back, started slightly higher then each visis it was getting higher at the back and longer at the front, it reached a point where i couldnt go any higher at the back so grew it all out, now growning our a asymetrical bob so i can have my usual bob back!!

Hi next time you want your hair cutting book in with us we are in Ormskirk and have 3 stylists who can ALL do graduated bobs :) we are open 6 days a week so hopefully you'll be able to find time

We are now called The Penthouse
The Penthouse Home Page

hths

Awww thank you might take you up on that once its grown abit 😃 xxx

A good graduated bob is what my boss always used to look for in trade tests as that's a problem for a lot of people! Not sure why but a lot of people have some sort of problem with it :o xx

A good graduated bob is what my boss always used to look for in trade tests as that's a problem for a lot of people! Not sure why but a lot of people have some sort of problem with it :o xx

I know I don't get it either, surprising how many hairdressers can't do them
There so popular too I do alot of graduated bobs and for me there my favourite cut to do, 2 years I've been trying to find someone that doesn't cut chunks out that's a long time. Xxx

Hi geeks, I'm on my own in my salon so have to go elsewhere for my hair done and I'm finding it so hard to find someone that can cut a graduated bob it seems as tho when it comes to a graduated bob alot of hairdressers just havnt got a clue, i always end up with a chunk missing out of one side, I managed to get the chunk that was missing back on level with the rest of my hair and my hair was so out of shape so went and got it cut, I explained to the stylist that this always happens and she said oh don't worry I won't do that!! Not only has she cut the chunk out at the front of my hair the back is all wonky, I've attached a picture of the front just to show you geeks, does anyone else have this problem? Xxx

I've done that to a client when I was at college, my tutor told me it was perfect!! ::smack:: So it really doesn't suprise me that so many hairdressers do it like this.
(I've learnt how to do it properly since then lol) x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

The last time I had my hair cut I ended up with a chunk missing too. I have really fine hair which made it extra obvious. As soon as it was long enough to tie back, I did and haven't had it cut since. Admittedly, I need a cut but it is just me in my salon and I'm really paranoid about getting my hair cut badly.

It's obviously a tricky style to cut. I gave my old hairdresser well over a year to try and get this right and she never did what I wanted so have gone elsewhere, (sadly, as she was lovely) and hit the jackpot!

I see what you mean tho about your "chunk". Not a hairdresser myself, but can see what you mean. x

I love cutting graduated bobs. I was shown two different ways to do it in college and I found one a lot easier to do so that's the way I do it. Why would any stylist think that taking a chunk out of a style is acceptable!?

Its also my favourite cut, they definitely teach it in my college but I found my own way of doing it because the way they taught was silly. If theres a chunk taken out of the front the stylist hasnt combed (over directed) the hair all the way back to the graduation line at the back of the head and has probably layered it instead.

Latest posts

Back