Graduated bobs with very short nape!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a colour technician but I do cut sometimes too, so I wanted a few opinions on how you'd cut the back of those gorgeous graduates bobs with the nape area cut really short, and I'm talking scissor over comb sort of short!
First I'll explain how I was trained to do it - I'd love to know how you guys would do this though as cutting is my less confident area! :)

So I would first of all choose how much of the nape area I wanted to taper, then clip away the rest of the hair and scissor over comb it all nice and evenly to remove all the unwanted length. I'd then tidy round with my neck clippers. Then I'd take my sections down and cut a graduated bob shape in the normal way at 45 degrees, creating my weight line at the back.. Then I would use my thinning scissors, holding the hair out with the comb, to remove the weight, and blend the scissor over comb area into the bob shape.

This is how I was taught, but I'd appreciate any feedback and constructive criticism is welcome xx

Latest posts

Back