Graduating effect with Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

CND EA. Essie Spokesperson
Reaction score
Hi
OK Ive been practicing but I dont know Im not happy - what is the best way in yoiur opinion to master the fade/gradient effect with nail polish - I nnhave a customer that wants a gradient french... (!)
Any ideas on how to do this the best way?
cheers

Cait
xx

Hi, this is how I was taught to do.

Use light coloured polish to make gradate effect.

After 2 layers of base colour, do first layer of gradation only 2/3 of nail plate toward free edge.
Then do the second layer on the 1/2 of the first layer, and the third layer on the 1/2 of the second layer.

Make sure each layer is dry before you go to next layer.
Do not put too much polish on the brush, use tip of brush to colour nail so that you can colour them really lightly.

I tend to use glittery polish on top of them, cos it hides the edge of each layer.

http://www.salongeek.com/picture.php?albumid=638&pictureid=4372

This is gradation nail using 2 different colours on base and gradation.

http://www.salongeek.com/picture.php?albumid=638&pictureid=4373

This is "Syrup Nail", kind of gradation nail, which is popular in Japan at the moment.

I think technic for this is not difficult at all. To find which nail polish makes the effect that you want to do need lots of experiment! (and fun!)

Hope this will help.
X

Hi
OK Ive been practicing but I dont know Im not happy - what is the best way in yoiur opinion to master the fade/gradient effect with nail polish - I nnhave a customer that wants a gradient french... (!)
Any ideas on how to do this the best way?
cheers

Cait
xx

you could try sponging it on with a foam tipped make up applicator.
do you have a picture of what you are trying to acheive, maybe we could be more helpful ?

Hi!

ok thanks Im off to practice both suggestions
- no I dont have a photo of what I am trying to achieve sorry, but pic. 1 from Meme is a cracker and pretty much what I was going for

thanks
Cait

Hi, Cait.

I'm glad that I could give you some idea.
I like the gradation effect, great for summer!!

Thanks Meme!!!
I did it on the client and she was totally bowled ove, it came out fab - I used Moonlight and Roses from Creative at the end to go over everthing once and it just was a dream!!
And Im so annoyed as I had forgotten my camera!! You would have been proud!
thanks guys ... phew°!:hug:

Latest posts

Back