Granny grey colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maeveyy.xx

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me a good toner to get the granny grey trend? I use Alphaparf colour but they don't have any toners, only high lift colours.
Thanks!

I tend to use goldwell 10v colorance and leave that in for full time! Make sure after lifting the hair is a clean pale yellow first to get that frosty grey colour or use loreal p01 luocolour and silver shampoo! After use loreal silver shampoo gives you that almost grey/blue tinge!

That's great l00pie! Must try the luo colour as Goldwell is like gold dust where I'm at lol! Thank you!

I tend to use goldwell 10v colorance and leave that in for full time! Make sure after lifting the hair is a clean pale yellow first to get that frosty grey colour or use loreal p01 luocolour and silver shampoo! After use loreal silver shampoo gives you that almost grey/blue tinge!

Have you got a picture of 10v ? X

I tend to use and 8AV or 10A and a splash of 2N x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1432287414.294072.jpg

Hi there, I've done a few different Greta but can only upload one. If you check out my Instagram @thelittlehairkitchen I put my formulas up there.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1432287443.856394.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1432287443.856394.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 91
View attachment 187659

Hi there, I've done a few different Greta but can only upload one. If you check out my Instagram @thelittlehairkitchen I put my formulas up there.
this is exactly the colour im looking to do! can you please tell me the colour house/formula please?

All Wella. Illumina mainly. I'm a obsessed with the perfect bleach and tone and do play around with pastels a lot.

I've done three greys, all different variations and all over prelightened hair of a clean level 10.

The darker grey is 2 parts 7/81 and 1 part 9/60 and pastel developer. This is Illumina.

The lighter grey is 15g KP 10/0 and 15g 10/88 Innosense and 1g KP 22/0 with pastel, 2:1. Now this is breaking Colour rules as you shouldn't inter mix but rules sometimes can be broken IF you know how to go back!

I have also tried colourtouch 7/89 which is lovely too.

Now my findings with the darker greys is that they do go a bit murky as they fade, but you can easily clean out on the next bleach as your rinsing your prelightener.

All Wella. Illumina mainly. I'm a obsessed with the perfect bleach and tone and do play around with pastels a lot.

I've done three greys, all different variations and all over prelightened hair of a clean level 10.

The darker grey is 2 parts 7/81 and 1 part 9/60 and pastel developer. This is Illumina.

The lighter grey is 15g KP 10/0 and 15g 10/88 Innosense and 1g KP 22/0 with pastel, 2:1. Now this is breaking Colour rules as you shouldn't inter mix but rules sometimes can be broken IF you know how to go back!

Now my findings with the darker greys is that they do go a bit murky as they fade, but you can easily clean out on the next bleach as your rinsing your prelightener.

All your greys are gorgeous.

I agree rules can be broken providing you can rectify any mishaps. You also have to know the rules before you can break them!

Totally! I meant to add you could do a gloss of Instamatic after too. Ocean storm with clear, or jaded Mint and clear could be nice.... Hmmm even the muted mauve or amethyst could be interesting.

I'm always careful to point out if I have broken rules as I don't want to confuse anyone!

And thank you!!

Totally! I meant to add you could do a gloss of Instamatic after too. Ocean storm with clear, or jaded Mint and clear could be nice.... Hmmm even the muted mauve or amethyst could be interesting.

I'm always careful to point out if I have broken rules as I don't want to confuse anyone!

And thank you!!

And you don't want people to get on the defensive and moan that you've told them in the past not to break the rules...

You're welcome!

Exactly!!! Me no like getting told off!

thank you,yes they are all lovely colours!

I know there was someone on the forum that used to mix color touch and koleston (can't remember the shades) to achieve what I'll relectantly refer to as platinum white. I remember thinking the pics were pretty. This was at least a year or so ago when I was a lurker. Didn't know yanks could be on salongeek. Lol.

I know there was someone on the forum that used to mix color touch and koleston (can't remember the shades) to achieve what I'll relectantly refer to as platinum white. I remember thinking the pics were pretty. This was at least a year or so ago when I was a lurker. Didn't know yanks could be on salongeek. Lol.

You're not allowed. Thanks Obama :p

10/8 and 8/81

Hey Petey, sounds like francesco.....

Latest posts

Back