Granny grey toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score
As the title says guys not just icy white/Ashey silver I mean full on granny grey seems to be rising it's ugly head again this season iv attached a pic be good to hear other peoples formulas in dif colour houses ect 👍
View attachment 83943

I've just been asked for this from this exact picture lol I think I'd probably get a nice white base first then play around with 10a or 10v with a dash of 1.0

I'm off to do some tests....

Haha have you let us no how you get on with your tests send some pics 👍 x

I'm still waiting for the 'let's celebrate wrinkles' trend. ;)

I've just been asked for this from this exact picture lol I think I'd probably get a nice white base first then play around with 10a or 10v with a dash of 1.0

I'm off to do some tests....

May have something to do with it going around Facebook. I have seen a few posts of this photo today!

I no its not for everyone but my hairs so gold that within a week or two mine has faded. So tend to just use 10v goldwell on mine now as it lasts longer. Even if I have to walk around grey for a few days. At least people are loving it at the moment can pull it off haha

What is 10v in holdwell is it the equivalent of 10/16 in wella? X

Dialight 9.11

Not diluted with any other Dialight or clear.

Dialight 9.11

Not diluted with any other Dialight or clear.

Iv herd 9.11 Dialight a few times I think I'm going to give it a go iv used loads of the milkshakes never 9.11 anyone got any pics of 9.11 dialight toned on white hair? X

Couple of years ago I used a colour fresh I think it was something like 5/19 (the only 5 shade in colour fresh) and literally apply for a few seconds then get it off straight away lol literally left the exact colour of your attached photos :)

I also tried illumina 10/96 with pastel on a base 10 and that came out brilliant too ^^

I did a nice Sterling Silver colour the other day, I used 30g of 10/16 1g of 22/0 and 2gs of 0/11 came out lufferly :) xx

I like the Wella one above. It doesn't look too grannyish at all.

Sorry, I don't have any pics of dialight 9.11. The closest to a grey I've done is half 9.01 and half 9.11. Client liked it, but I didn't x. And it was light compared to a full grey.

9.11 pulls really grey. Two weeks ago client wanted more grey around her face, but not super grey. So I mixed more 9.11 than I normally do and it turned out super intense. Then I had to do a mild bleach bath.

Last edited:
Definitely a trend that's catching on. This style is everywhere.

I find 9.11 by Richesse too blueish!
Goes green easily! (I know it must be a level 10 pale yellow to be perfect)
I mix in a dash of 4.20 but just a pea size if I have level 9 yellow base!

I find 9.11 by Richesse too blueish!
Goes green easily! (I know it must be a level 10 pale yellow to be perfect)
I mix in a dash of 4.20 but just a pea size if I have level 9 yellow base!

The formula i posted was used on a base 9 apparently.

Just found this and literally died off it omg i love it...

View attachment 83985 View attachment 83986 View attachment 83987

Its the Instamatic formula.

I do like this cams it's lovely bit the second one looks a lot more lilac ting with the grey my client wants more grey like a slate grey I think more the pic on the right of the 2 I posted because I do think the right hand one has been edited abit. She is a lovely clean pale yellow level 10 so nice canvas to work off I looked at the 9.11 today in dialight it does look nice and haven't used it so may give that a go will post some pics x

I used the 10/88 wella innosense on a client that is allergic to hair dye the other day she has had no reaction at all I'm impressed and loved the 10/88 I didn't use a clear with it so was really intense much better than Kp 10/8 obvs got double tone I'm thinking of using on a few more clients that arnt even allergic it's that good il post a pic when I do her roots next x

I did a nice Sterling Silver colour the other day, I used 30g of 10/16 1g of 22/0 and 2gs of 0/11 came out lufferly :) xx

Think iv heard this formula Kaye not used it myself wish you got a pic x

Latest posts

Back