Grapefruit Sparkle layering?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I've just bought this and it looks lovely on its own but a bit plain. I've got midnight swim, fedora, negligee, wildfire, hotski, silver chrome and cream puff will it go over any of these? I don't wanna waste it trying it out if it doesn't look right! Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

It's one of my favourites for layering, and great for alternative pink for french.

When I want to see what certain layering looks like I paint the colour over the other colour that is on one of my colour pops. I have Grapefruit Sparkle and I absolutely love it, especially for a French. But I have also popped it over pinks and also over Lobster Roll. Some people paint it over the bottle of the base colour to have a look, I suppose you could try that?

If you don't want to waste it but want to see what its like you can do one of 2 things. Paint a stripe of it down the side of a colour pop of the base colour say wildfire, you can then see the wildfire alone and with the GFS too. If you then like it you could do another pop. Another way is to paint a tiny bit on to the side of the bottle of the base colour, it will give you some idea what it will look like then you can wipe it off and do a pop if you like it.

The amount you'd actually use to do a pop in the first place really isnt a lot at all. It's one of my favourite colours to layer with x

I use it for French all the time and a few clients who don't want colours that stand out have 1 or 2 coats on its own.
My clients love it over cocoa however you don't have that but I'm sure it will look lovely over the colours you have.
Xx

I've just been playing with this one, tried it over waterpark and it looks lush xx

You can later it over Cake Pop and Cream Puff :)

To show what it will look like over any other colour simply use it on it's own on a colour pop and topcoat.

This way you just hold it over any colour bottle or colour pop. Saves lots of product and colour pops.

I do this with all the CND colours suitable for layering i.e. VIP Status, Zillionaire etc

:hug:

its a beautiful colour, I think it looks beautiful over the top of every one of the other colours lol

It looks great almost on any Shellac colour. I use a lot grapefruit sparkle and VIP ones for adding a bit of sparkle depending on the base colour.

I've just bought this and it looks lovely on its own but a bit plain. I've got midnight swim, fedora, negligee, wildfire, hotski, silver chrome and cream puff will it go over any of these? I don't wanna waste it trying it out if it doesn't look right! Xx

Not only will it look great over the colours you have but it looks great over every single CND Shellac colour in the range. I wouldn't be without it for softening, sparkling up or making any other colour 'more girly'.

Grapefruit Sparkle in CND Vinylux is also awesome for layering over any other Vinylux colours. I've been wearing it over Gilded Pleasure with surprising results! I love it!

Don't be scared to experiment with layering - my clients love the part of their appt where we experiment with colours and try out new things - I did Gold VIP Status over Fedora the other day and Silver VIP status over Masquerade - both looked fabulous! X

I've just been playing with this one, tried it over waterpark and it looks lush xx

Ooh, have you got a pic? I would not have thought that it would work well with water park, as it's such a strong metallic, but I'd love to see xx

Grapefruit sparkle over ice capuccino is one of my favs!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Ooh, have you got a pic? I would not have thought that it would work well with water park, as it's such a strong metallic, but I'd love to see xx

Will post later when I finish work x

Here a 3 pops with grapefruit sparkle over. To be honest the photos don't do them any justice. It looks so much prettier in real life :rolleyes:

Colours are: Rouge Red, Grape Gum and Gilded Pleasure. Gilded Pleasure and Grapefruit Sparkle is amazing turns it into a wonderful silvery grey colour.

Attachments

• Grapefruit mixup.jpg
    Grapefruit mixup.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 273
Is this a must colour to have I'm i. The process of building my collection I have 25 colours an was thinking if getting this in my next order. X

Is this a must colour to have I'm i. The process of building my collection I have 25 colours an was thinking if getting this in my next order. X

I think it's definatly worth having, it looks lovely as a French or on its own! I'm just discovering the layering option but so far so good xx

These are all with Grapefruit Sparkle on top. Photo doesn't do them real justice - they are gorgeous!
L to R - Iced Cap, Cocoa, Water Park, Rock Royalty, Wildfire, Tutti Frutti, Hot Pop Pink, Cake PopImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384016875.114816.jpg

Wow gives it a really nice shimmer. That's defo goin in the basket lol

Latest posts

Back