Greasy skin, spots, milia and hyper pigmentation! Please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieJ

Reaction score
I've recently started the facials part of my course and realised I really do need some help with my skin. I'm going to be 43 years old in 3 weeks but I still get spots on my T-Zone. I have very greasy skin. Shiny when I get up then shiny by lunch time. I don't wear foundation, only a bit of loose powder to try to blot my skin. I seem to now have an increase in milia mainly across my forehead and some hyper pigmentation between my eyes (I sound a right state, don't I?). I have a light olive skin and tan easily. I don't moisturise ever, as it seems to make my skin greasier and I'm scared of getting more breakouts and clogged up skin. I don't have dry skin - EVER. I haven't got wrinkles though and people think I'm a lot younger than I am. I have got some lines at the side of my eyes when I smile and I feel like my jowls are starting to sag. Please can you give me any available advice. I'm sick of seeing new spots and milia that don't go away, i don't like this new hyper pigmentation at all and I want to keep my skin looking young without making it greasier. I feel like having a massive skin peel and starting all over again. Hate my skin :-((((((

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375394969.112645.jpg me in the white dress x

Hi Hun, have a look at the image skin care range - I'm super oily too, but using the or medic balancing range and the mattifying SPF moisturiser has helped me enormously x

Distributed through skin geeks x

Thank you, I will take a look.

Gosh , Julie , you don't look more than 25 .... the advantage of oily skin!:hug:

Thank you, Bubulina, you're too kind. That's my post-natal group of friends, they are all much younger than me. I had my baby, Charlie, when I was 41, think he keeps me young too. I notice you're in Cheshire, me too! whereabouts are you? x

No advice unfortunately but you are one hot momma! You look the youngest by far!
Take a look at the Sk:n clinics...I'm sure they offer milia extraction x

Thank you, Bubulina, you're too kind. That's my post-natal group of friends, they are all much younger than me. I had my baby, Charlie, when I was 41, think he keeps me young too. I notice you're in Cheshire, me too! whereabouts are you? x
Hi there gorgeous , I'm in Timperley , Altrincham , what about you?xx

Hi, I'm in South Cheshire, Sandbach, so a little way from you. Have been to the ice rink near you though many years ago, I lived in north Manchester till I was a teenager x

Maybe you could teach me how to skate :D..one day.

Milias are normally caused by dry skin. I have greasy skin but it is really important to moisturise so i do every day even though like you im shiny by lunch, you should learn all this in your training. We were taught that even if a client has greasy skin there is a moisturiser for her & its important to use it. My sister uses Nivea on her skin, i have told her time & time again its for your hands & she is covered in millias. You should try out a few different products and you should find one that suits you, a good face mask always helps with my skin, it purifies it. And i have found my skin is much better when i moisturise it than when i dont!

Latest posts

Back