Great Lengths extensions advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kushinada

Reaction score
Hello~

I've decided I would like to get some hair extensions and have decided to go with Great Lengths. I'm going to a salon which on the Great Length's website, they have a 'silver' award.

My questions are:
She gave me two quotes. I was told because I have thick hair, just below my shoulders, it would be best if I had an extra 25 bonds out in but I really can't afford that and I was happy with the first quote. Will the hair blend properly and look okay if I don't get these extra bonds?

Also if anything did go wrong, what are my rights to get my money back or get it fixed?

Thank you!

I'd question why you were gave two quotes, a good extensionist should be able to do a thorough consultation with you and know how many bonds you will need for a seamless blend, it doesn't look good for you or them if it doesn't blend in.

When agreeing to the extensions you will be near enough waiving your rights on the disclaimer form, I doubt anything will go wrong as you go through a pretty intensive course for great lengths and aren't guarenteed a pass. If you opt for fewer extensions than advised and they don't blend you will be liable for the additional charges involved. If you go for the extra bonds and they still don't look right the extensionist should offer to correct them, however in the hair industry refunds are very unlikely especially with extensions as the hair cost tends to be atleast 75% of the price, if there is an actual fault with any hair (faulty batch) Great Lengths will send the hair off to the labs for testing and offer any refund or replacement at there absolute discretion. You should of been given a consultation form, I'd suggest reading all of the small print

If you are doubtful about your expectations, your ability to look after your own hair or your health, then trust your hairdressers professional judgement. On some occasions it is better to say 'sorry extensions are not suitable' and discuss another alternative service.

If I do a consultation and the clients hair is very thick and one length or short sometimes I give two quotes but the reason is this. I recommend a full head as the hair is thick and short and I'm unsure whether the line will blend with any less in, however it may be that a three quarter head will do and as we move up the head it will blend beautifully so.... I say let's prepare for full head ( you allow ££ and I'll bring enough hair) and if it looks great at less hair then you pay ££. Does that make sense? In short I don't want to put more in than necessary but I certainly don't want to be caught short in case it needs a few extra. She may have just been cautious if that was the case I would go for the extra. It may not be needed but it's there just in case. X

Thank you both. I wasn't given a consultation form, she just explained how it worked etc, some aftercare advice, coloured matched me and gave me the quotes. I hope there will be enough hair!

Latest posts

Back