greenie smiles!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsmith

Reaction score
Hi girls and guys

Can you help me on this on that has perplexed me somewhat.

I have just had a client in for maintenance after having a brand new set on three weeks ago - she came then with no free edge at all. Now on her right hand where the free edge has grown the smile lines are green - I know all about greenies but cannot possibly see how this has happened - the smile line is a well defined green and nothing on the nail plate , the thumb is particularly bad - her left hand is perfect. I have seen this once before with another client - which, whenever she does major cleaning she has this problem - but there is not lifting of the nail enhancements. It seems like it is coming from underneath.

Has anyone seen this and knows the solution. I do understand all about greenies but this has me perplexed.

Heidi

Hi me again

please dont tell me that no one has come across this problem - oh well maybe my clients are unique!! ha ha

Heidi

are you saying that she has pseudo, or could it be some sort of discolouration of the skin under the free edge from some thing that she has been in contact with [dye ,paint ,ink or something ]?seems odd that it is only on the one hand.

I had this happen with a very bad nail biter (she wasn't bad, just her nail biting lol) when she came back for infills there were 3 greenies. She has 5 children and her hands are always in water and this had got trapped between the tip and her swollen finger tips. I removed the 3 tips, let the air get to it, buffed off what I could, applied an antisept and reapplied tips and gel. I then taught her to really dry her hands AND nails, and voila prob solved. Just got to wait for the green to grow out now.

I've not experienced this, but sounds like it must be a product she is using that has stained her natural nail?

The only similar thing ihave encountered is on my own nails, when i've been applying fake tan without gloves. this obviously makes your natural nails go orangey-brown (nice!) and grows out.
Have you tried any stain removing products? (not sure if they're any good??)

Latest posts

Back