Grey acrylics!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avs

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

Ive had a first time client come to me 2 wks ago, came yesterday to have her infills done, all of her nails had turned grey!!! I asked questions: do you smoke,do you use sun beds, do you wash your hands after using any hair products, did she wear gloves when cleaning (she replied yes), she answered no to all of my questions!!

She hadnt even changed her polish (clear), all she had done was use her cuticle oil 3 times a day. She is a barmaid and I even told her not to get too much alcohol on her hands, she told me she was always washing them to protect them. Im quite sure she wasnt lying, do any of you know what it could be?? I used white tips with l+p and just a clear coat on top. Her nails were in very good condition and she wasnt a picker or a nail biter. I wiped her nails down in non-acetone remover and some did come off but a lot still remained!!

any comments would be appreciated as im really baffled!!!

Avs
xxx:(

did she have a new pair of jeans, they shed their dye quite a bit at first and that ends up giving a grey tinge to nails.

Hi,

I have also found if you handle newspaper a lot it leaves a grey tinge on the nails,

Sarah

a while ago i had a client who i used a clear top coat on and hers went grey......it was the smoke from smoke machines when she had been out clubbing!

clare

Hi

thanks for that, i will ask her that.

cheers

avsxxx

The replies you have gotten are quite good!

If the grey colour buffs off then it was something that stained them. Otherwise your products gone funked!

Latest posts

Back