Grey toner-feel like I've tried so much!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahash

Reaction score
hi all, I have been through the many posts on grey toners but I am failing miserably! I've tried a few different wella colours , I've tried mixing 10/0 with a dash of 2/0 , I've tried a few different ash / violet / pearl colour touch toners, I've tried the crazy colour grey and the crazy colour grey with a touch a black but I keep ending up blue !! I'll attach s pic of he latest one I've tried - 10/0 + 2/0. Any advice pleaaseeeeee

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    934.4 KB · Views: 276
Hiya I've done 10/16 with 0/18 mixer tone that worked well xx

If u have a ewd near your have your tried there velvasilk range there grey toners are brilliant
Also I've found using Iona 901 and adding a touch of gold well double ash to it , it goes super grey I use these on my own hair

Have you tried 5/81 7/81 ilumina + pastel?

Maybe I need to get my hair that bit lighter, I'd say it's a base of 9! I did try 5/81 with 10/1 Marc, that left it khakiish maybe I'll try that mix ! :D

To use grey you would need a clean platinum colour beaut x

Clean level 10 is the base for grey, may I suggest after so many applications you tone the healthiest part first then make your way to the ends and rinse off before it overdevelops the ends will be porous

Make sure you lift it up to a level 10 the clean it up with a 10/6 1st then put your grey formala on 6/16 in illumnia is great!

Maybe I need to get my hair that bit lighter, I'd say it's a base of 9! I did try 5/81 with 10/1 Marc, that left it khakiish maybe I'll try that mix ! :D
Last time i did that, i pretones with 10/81 color fresh

Make sure you lift it up to a level 10 the clean it up with a 10/6 1st then put your grey formala on 6/16 in illumnia is great!
That sounds nice !

hi all, I have been through the many posts on grey toners but I am failing miserably! I've tried a few different wella colours , I've tried mixing 10/0 with a dash of 2/0 , I've tried a few different ash / violet / pearl colour touch toners, I've tried the crazy colour grey and the crazy colour grey with a touch a black but I keep ending up blue !! I'll attach s pic of he latest one I've tried - 10/0 + 2/0. Any advice pleaaseeeeee
Ugh! The dreaded greys! They just will not last. It's the nature of the tone. Like any pastel. There is such little pigment that they are short lived. You could try removing all residue from prior color(I like Malibu C crystal gel and cpr)and strengthening the hair with Olaplex before proceeding. It will definitely help your color take and hold better. Also going in with pretone level 10V to eliminate yellow then a dd-in silver-these are pure pigment and can stain the hair better than anything with ammonia, peroxide or mea. Also advising that a client treat these as a vivid-wash in cool once or twice a week most, no heat, no sun and no swimming helps keep the color longer. I also send home Olaplex #3 and Celeb Viral Silver for home care with a good deep conditioner

Latest posts

Back