Grit for callus removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just ordered a Dremel to help remove calluses during my pedicure. i have researched this on sg but i cannot seem to find anywhere what grit of disposable sanding pad everyone uses. What grit would be the best??? i have three to choose from 80,120 and 180

Thanks!! :)

I use a 100/180 disinfectable metal hand file

For an electric device I would go fine (180) as it will work so much faster.
Also I would recommend disposable sanding pads for hygiene if they can't be easily & thoroughly cleaned and disinfected...

I use a 100/180 disinfectable metal hand file

For an electric device I would go fine (180) as it will work so much faster.
Also I would recommend disposable sanding pads for hygiene if they can't be easily & thoroughly cleaned and disinfected...

Thanks Envy! I'm ordering disposable sanding pads because it's extremely sanitary compared to just disinfecting them. I'm off to order them in 180!

I think the 180 would be fine, but to be honest there is a much better way that greatly reduces the chances of burning a client due to the heat created by the sanding bands. They make a fluted pedicure grinding bit that works awesome for pedicures. The one i use is by Medicool item# B10C-CM. for the coarse, or item# B10F-CM for the fine. They have a standard 3/32 shaft which is standard in the industry. They are totally sanitizeable either autoclavable or liquid. Web site medicool.com
Hope you get it all sorted out and have lots of pedis this summer! :)

I think the 180 would be fine, but to be honest there is a much better way that greatly reduces the chances of burning a client due to the heat created by the sanding bands. They make a fluted pedicure grinding bit that works awesome for pedicures. The one i use is by Medicool item# B10C-CM. for the coarse, or item# B10F-CM for the fine. They have a standard 3/32 shaft which is standard in the industry. They are totally sanitizeable either autoclavable or liquid. Web site medicool.com
Hope you get it all sorted out and have lots of pedis this summer! :)

Thanks so much! Gonna look at these. I've never had a problem with the sanding bits dry or with a callus removal gel but it's always nice to know about other options :)

Latest posts

Back