Groupon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand places who have a lot of product to shift or empty tables/beds doing Groupon but thinking personally I've seen shellac manis on there for £12 and tbh I don't know how/why they do it, it's just not worth it.

Don't they work out beforehand hoe little they're going to make? Plus attract people who only want to pay tuppence and will be off to a different salon next time there's a better deal on.

Why do salons ever start with Groupon/wowcher ? I suppose it's out of desperation? If it isn't then it certainly gives that impression so a bit of a slippery slide really.

But if they're offering, can you blame people for taking it up? I've got such mixed thoughts on this.

I always think their desperate when I see groupons :rolleyes: sad really, I think it when I see it on the buy & sell pages & gumtree too

I've just seen someone in my area offering full head of bonds (extensions) for £199 and shellac mani for £10 on Groupon.

It's crazy and it devalues trained professionals that offer great devices at a full price and try to make a living.

I've just seen someone in my area offering full head of bonds (extensions) for £199 and shellac mani for £10 on Groupon.

It's crazy and it devalues trained professionals that offer great devices at a full price and try to make a living.

You can fit gorgeous hair extensions for £199. There are many suppliers whose hair lasts 6-12 months at a lower price. Angel remy being one of them. Their hair is amazing quality for the price.
It depends on the hair and how much the technician charges on top to fit the hair.

With regards to shellac/gel polish that's a huge no no. I've seen the prices drop so much over the last few years and it's only getting worse. It definitely is due to the likes of Groupon and other deal sites.

Customers don't want to pay for luxuries anymore. They believe everything should be cheap.

A salon I used to work in used Groupon for everything. CND shellac hands and toes only £17, laser lipo, acrylic nails, mani/pedi.

Sad to say she has now closed down. She was making around £5 per client. Then she would have to give half of that to the nail technician. How you could live on £2.50 an hour I don't know.

I would never use Groupon for hair and beauty services and would never advertise on there myself.

You can fit gorgeous hair extensions for £199. There are many suppliers whose hair lasts 6-12 months at a lower price. Angel remy being one of them. Their hair is amazing quality for the price.
It depends on the hair and how much the technician charges on top to fit the hair.

With regards to shellac/gel polish that's a huge no no. I've seen the prices drop so much over the last few years and it's only getting worse. It definitely is due to the likes of Groupon and other deal sites.

Customers don't want to pay for luxuries anymore. They believe everything should be cheap.

A salon I used to work in used Groupon for everything. CND shellac hands and toes only £17, laser lipo, acrylic nails, mani/pedi.

Sad to say she has now closed down. She was making around £5 per client. Then she would have to give half of that to the nail technician. How you could live on £2.50 an hour I don't know.

I would never use Groupon for hair and beauty services and would never advertise on there myself.
The hair on Angel remy is around £20 a pack that works out around 200 just for the hair? How can u supply and fit for £199?

I use wowcher for my courses online. Haven't actually bought any products off there though x

The hair on Angel remy is around £20 a pack that works out around 200 just for the hair? How can u supply and fit for £199?

This what I was thinking.

I use wowcher for my courses online. Haven't actually bought any products off there though x

Which courses are these Paige?

Which courses are these Paige?
I am currently doing a hair & beauty management course. I have done an online nail tec course too at a fraction of the other prices. If you download it & press the three lines for the menu it will come up with all of the options and just click courses & all there courses will come up. There are a lot for bookeeping & accounting too. Hope this helps x

Paige did you feel your online nail tech course left you suitably prepared for servicing paying customers? Or did you do other hands-on training as well? Just wondering. My first course was distance learning and I ended up doing lots more training :)

Paige did you feel your online nail tech course left you suitably prepared for servicing paying customers? Or did you do other hands-on training as well? Just wondering. My first course was distance learning and I ended up doing lots more training :)
I feel like I have the knowledge for it all. I would charge but obviously lower until I have been doing it 6months when my confidence grows more and I have a stronger understanding of it. No I didn't do other hands on training regarding my nail course. Hope this helps you X

It's definitely not with my trade discount.

The prices I have and use are a lot lower than £20 per pack. Obviously can't put the prices up on the thread.

Last edited:
I got given a groupon deal as a pressie to go out for dinner and it was a disaster! Phoned and booked and mentioned we had a voucher so they knew in advance! When we got there the waitress/owner did nothing but moan at how little they got back from groupon and that the meal options that were on the deal were incorrect as left them out of pocket so she wanted to charge us loads extra like it was our fault! Never again! Would much rather pay full price for a great experience!

I've seen some garden furniture on Groupon but obviously you have to order it without having sat in it

Does anyone know what happens about returns - or can't you retutn things with Groupon? X

I think you are automatically entitled to a refund on any item that is bought online as long as it is returned within 7 days.

Latest posts

Back