Growing nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daffyxoxo

Sue
Reaction score
Morning all :)
A potential client has sent me a photograph of her nails, saying that she has had acrylics for a long time, and could I help her to grow her nails using gel. I was planning on replying to say that it would require regular appointments (at least three weekly). I currently use ink London gels and mine are growing nicely with it. Just wanted to show the pic here in case I’m missing anything. And I did wonder whether I needed to allow the nails to rest for any period of time or whether it is ok for gel to go on them as they are. Thank you as always x

Attachments

• C56B3CC9-7766-4581-BAA4-EB1750932D59.jpeg
    C56B3CC9-7766-4581-BAA4-EB1750932D59.jpeg
    473.9 KB · Views: 132
When you say she wants to grow her nails with gels, do you mean hard gel overlays or gel polish?

If you just mean gel polish and you use INK products, I would try using a couple of coats of Flubber under her gel polish for extra strength. If you've got the new Top Flubber use that in top, if not use another coat of clear Flubber, then Rock Top Coat, then cuticle oil. I would book her back in after 10-14 days unless she has any problems before that.

Her nails look extremely thin and damaged. I can see potential issues with gel not 'acting' in the way she might believe. Meaning she might think the gel is going to help with strength and this of course would depend on what SHE means by gel. On nails this damaged gel polish may not cut it and it may not last.
I personally would do a face to face consult so you can determine exactly what she is wanting to achieve. Then you will have the opportunity to explain the possible issues that may occur. [emoji4]

I would offer IBX treatment with clear hard gel overlay or soak off structure gel until her nails grow stronger before starting any color treatment

Latest posts

Back