Gumtree

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolahayley

Reaction score
Does anyone advertise through gumtree? And do you pay for it to be bumped to the top?
If so has anyone got any business out of it??

Looking for new ways to advertise!!

Nicola! Xxx

I use gumtree since I started in dec 2013 but I've not had anyone from it!
They send you an email a few days after you've put your ad up and then 2 weeks later to say do you want to renew then you can just delete your old ad and make a new one. I've not payed for bump ups.
Although from the client side of things it hasn't helped me, I did post about wanting a room to rent and got a reply the next day and have been working in the beauty room ever since...so it has helped me in that way!x

I'm in London and use it a lot, I have a lot of business from it. Well worth it for me. I might pay for a featured ad soon and see if it gets me anymore clients.

I'd be very careful with Gumtree - Google them, I have and a lot of people have had nothing but trouble with them! If you do use them only pay what you can afford to lose! They were fine to begin with but what I and a lot if others have found, after you've paid they will put the ad up then without notice a day or two later they will delete, if you look into it they will say you've not complied with their advertising rules, however you can read and re read the T&C's and never get to the bottom of what it is you've done wrong as you probably haven't!!

They also randomly took money out of my Paypal account, I wasn't advertising with them at the time so wasn't a mistake, I would never have known but Paypal contacted me and told me they managed to do it without authorisation, I was reimbursed however after contacting Gumtree several times by phone and email they have never returned my calls or contacted me which I find very suspicious!

So all in all I'm saying, in my opinion, they are not good to do business with!

I used gumtree when I was renting a room for all my beauty therapy treatments which I had a few clients from, I would suggest not to advertise massage on there because you will receive a lot of calls from men expecting more than a professional massage, but apart from that I never had a bad experience.

I gained 2 new clients in a months period. I'm considering advertising with them again and then decide whether or not to continue. They have increased their prices which makes it more selective. I'll see...

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I used gumtree when I was renting a room for all my beauty therapy treatments which I had a few clients from, I would suggest not to advertise massage on there because you will receive a lot of calls from men expecting more than a professional massage, but apart from that I never had a bad experience.

I've used it and got a couple of ladies but same with the massage and even spray tans! I had a few men asking for pictures. I complained and they were removed from the site.

Yes I did the same couldn't believe the cheek of some of them especially as I advertised as strictly professional only not erotic or sensual massage and there are girls on there advertising "extras" so why they try it with professional therapists I don't know!

I advertise but don't pay?? I've had quote a few clients from it..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

I advertise but don't pay?? I've had quote a few clients from it..

Only certain areas make you pay- usually the bigger towns and cities charge.

Oh ok...

We haven't used gumtree. We have the best results from our website, word of mouth or a A Board outside but mainly the first two. We spent a lot of money advertising initially but never got anything from it. You could also try refer a friend, loyalty scheme, facebook page & newsletters to clients. Hope it helps :)

I posted a few ads recently and had a few enquiries. I didn't put my prices up and I wrote on the ad that I charge what I am worth. Only had about 4/5 clients, The rest were just looking for a cheap deal. It can be good and bad. I think they are charging now to post though? Which could deter people who aren't insured or aren't properly qualified to pay the money to post!

Ive been advertising with gumtree for years for different things and never paid a thing, had a few inquiries through it but no business, ive just gone to add another add and it said I had to pay £6 to do it, so as I already had another add with them already I thought I would just update it, ha what a laugh that was they want £6 for me to update it, as yous can gather I would be using it again, yes if I had business from them I would pay it, but am not wasting money.

Aw god that was a rant and a half lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive been advertising with gumtree for years for different things and never paid a thing, had a few inquiries through it but no business, ive just gone to add another add and it said I had to pay £6 to do it, so as I already had another add with them already I thought I would just update it, ha what a laugh that was they want £6 for me to update it, as yous can gather I would be using it again, yes if I had business from them I would pay it, but am not wasting money.

Aw god that was a rant and a half lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

The London one has just gone up to £8!!! It's put me off doing it but I've had quite a lot of business from it so in torn.

Latest posts

Back