Gutted - What to do next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyddy

Reaction score
Having an extremely bad week :( I opened a beauty room at the start of the year and it was going well but this week I've had to make the tough decision to leave after having problems with the landlord and no longer having reliable childcare (other than my hubby at weekends and evenings)

I'm thinking the only thing I can do is work from home, but we don't have any spare rooms. I like the idea of a summerhouse salon, but I've completely spent up kitting out the beauty room so just can't afford a 5k log cabin and worry it won't look professional if I do a cheap summerhouse.

I'm up the creek with no paddle basically!

Any advice/hugs would be appreciated :)

Having an extremely bad week :( I opened a beauty room at the start of the year and it was going well but this week I've had to make the tough decision to leave after having problems with the landlord and no longer having reliable childcare (other than my hubby at weekends and evenings)

I'm thinking the only thing I can do is work from home, but we don't have any spare rooms. I like the idea of a summerhouse salon, but I've completely spent up kitting out the beauty room so just can't afford a 5k log cabin and worry it won't look professional if I do a cheap summerhouse.

I'm up the creek with no paddle basically!

Any advice/hugs would be appreciated :)

:hug: to you, I know it feels like no way around things at moment but something will come along , my summer house is 5x4 m and was done for around £1500 because I sourced materials myself, and people tell me it looks great , it's fully insulated , upvc doors and windows , electrics etc
Could you perhaps sell any bits of equipment you may not need working from home to raise some cash for a home salon ? Mine took over 4 weeks as had to buy materials each week as money permitted. May not be much help but just want you to know can be done cheaper if your prepared to get your hands dirty ( I was a pretty bad advert for beauty & nails for a while lol), big hug to u and I can give you number of a bloke who supplied me with my materials who's not far from your area xxx

Thanks Dexy! Definitely made given me some hope :)

I have zero DIY skills and hubby isn't much better lol but definitely don't mind getting my hands dirty lol. Can I pick your brains?

Thanks Dexy! Definitely made given me some hope :)

I have zero DIY skills and hubby isn't much better lol but definitely don't mind getting my hands dirty lol. Can I pick your brains?

Of course you can, fairly new on here but you can pm me and I can show you photos of mine x

I can't fathom how to pm you them so will try here, for some reason I can only add one at a time but if you want to see more ive got some more of inside and one from outside too x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back