had a bit of a baby scare over the last few days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
on wednesday evening i started to get some pains down the right hand side of my belly......i put it down to things stretching in there and took 2 paractamol and went to bed......i didnt sleep well coz of the pain which had then spread to the middle........i was quite frightened that something was really wrong so on thursday i phoned my midwife and she booked me in for a scan on friday morning.......thursday was just spent in my bed worrying about things :sad:

anyway yesterday morning i went to hospital had my scan and there was baby in all its glory sucking its thumb and swishing about in its little sack of water :biggrin:

i am still having pains but they dont know what is causing it, it might just even be my fibromyalgia playing up but at least we know that baby is doing ok anyway and thats all that matters.

i've got another scan in 2 weeks so hopefully things will have settled down by then.

i wish i knew how to post a pic and i would let you all see the scan pic.

stanleyann

is this your first?
glad to hear the scan showed your baby is well! You'll never stop worrying about them - no matter how old they are!
i know i had all sorts or aches and pains - they told me it was all the ligaments etc getting ready for the grand exit!

Hope all goes well!

My eldest, Lottie, is 10 in december - i had no end of problems! She never moved around at all so i seemed to be wired up to a monitor every second day and them i developed pre-eclampsia. She was due on Christmas Day (1994) and mid november they took me into hospital for complete bed rest and there i was to stay for the duration! Lottie obviously got bored (as did i!) and made her entrance 4 weeks early weighing in a 4LB 12oz...it was so quick - just 20 minutes from start to finish - my hubby didn't make it!

When i had my second daughter Loveday (yes, that is her name!) six and a half years later, i was terrified i would end up having her in a layby on the way to the hospital if she took after Lottie...the hospital were concerned too, so took me in a week before hand to induce me - she arrived in 50 minutes from start to finish! :D

enjoy the rest of your pregnancy - when is he/she due?

oh hun are you ok , i know when i was pregnant with james i had pain constant on my right hand side, but i think it was everything growing, it did settle down in the middle months, thank god, but coz i had a craving for coke (the drink lol ) with tons of ice my kidney went funny so i got a load more pain :confused: , i was banned from drinking coke lol , but it all went as soon as he arrived, keep chilled out and get loads of rest (coz soon you wont get any lol ), lots of love dee

Hiya babe,

Glad everything is ok with the babe. As you know I have also had many miscariages, 9 in total and I think once you have lost one you will allways worry and be anxious in the next pregnancy. I know everytime I felt a slight pain, I was thinking ' Oh God here we go again '. Every pain twinge I had i was on the phone straight away getting thing checked out, so you did the right thing. Take it easy it might just be the womb stretching with the growing bump inside but I do know how your feeling and how worrying it can be.

Sending out a big squeezy hug to you xxxxx

I think it is quite normal to get some pains considering there's another little human being stretching allsorts inside you. I had very severe pains with my first child I was about 3 months pregnant at the time and went on to have severe sciatica due to the fact that she was lying across my sciatic nerve.
Try not to worry (not easy I know) But I am sure its just things getting pulled.

Hi Hun so glad everything is ok with u n little un i'm sure it is nothing to worry about especially as u have had your scan now put your feet up n have a good w/end

Hey Stanleyann, glad all's OK. Both me and my sis were premi, me by 8 weeks and her by 6... mum maintains it's dad's fault for jumping out of a wardrobe at her, and sleeping on the floor of a train up to Scotland - she think I was sick of it and wanted out!

Maybe I wouldn't be so anti-children if I thought labour'd be over in 20 mins :)
I've told Alex he can have puppies instead.

Good luck w everything Stanleyann, put ur feet up.
Hugs xxx

thanks everyone for all your kind words......it does make me feel a bit better when i hear that other people have had the same sort of symptoms and everything turned out ok for them........i do have some sort of trapped nerve or something in my back which runs down my left leg and let me tell you it f*****g agony at times and it has been playing up something chronic in the last few weeks..........i'm wondering now if that might have something to do with my belly pains too....i suppose baby is getting bigger and heavier too so i might also be feeling things starting to hang a little lower down south....lol

i'm off to watch some talentless people make a fool of themselves on the x factor now.....lol

stanleyann

your ligaments tend not to be as strong during pregnancy they soften right up,
you get pains in the grown area stomach back hips and knees,
thats where the old "dont lift heavy things whilst pregnant" it is not harmful to the baby just your ligaments cant support you as well pre pregnancy.
you tend to get it more with second third etc pregnancy.
p.s you also lose your memory alot during and after.... well i did anyway....and still do i have to write list everyday or i forget what i am ment to be doing :o
enjoy your pregnancy and never feel that you are bothering anyone if you have concerns no matter how small thats what the professionals are there for.

Latest posts

Back