Had ombré done today but

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audreyduff

Reaction score
I am almost qualified in level 2 hairdressing at college, I got my hair done ombré today by my friend who I am also at college with. This was our first experience and are both very happy with it but I wanted about a 7 on top but when we done it it never took you could see blonde highlights (which was what I had) coming though. So we used a mix of 6/0 and 66/0 to cover. It looks great but I'm feeling the top is too dark for me, is there any advice anyone could give regarding lightening the top? Thanks ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396988067.401925.jpg

I think the 6 looks perfect! Gives it such a lovely contrast! Beautiful colour! Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It looks lovely and u know it will fade after a few washes anyway so give it the week before u make any decisions !!

It's very pretty x

Looks beautiful I too would leave it a couple of weeks and see how you feel as it will fade especially if previous highlights, if you really don't like it though you could put a few very fine highlights in balayage technique through xx

I am almost qualified in level 2 hairdressing at college, I got my hair done ombré today by my friend who I am also at college with. This was our first experience and are both very happy with it but I wanted about a 7 on top but when we done it it never took you could see blonde highlights (which was what I had) coming though. So we used a mix of 6/0 and 66/0 to cover. It looks great but I'm feeling the top is too dark for me, is there any advice anyone could give regarding lightening the top? Thanks View attachment 61351

No wonder it's to dark why did you use the 66/0 with it that's for resistant grey? It doesn't look dark in the pic it looks lovely and you really should be pre piggin your blonde h/ls if dropping dwn the a flat level 6! X

Also why are you using a permanent?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone I think your right just leave it to fade it's actually more the contrast against my face I think is the shock as it's so dark compared to my pale skin! Beckystar your right though I should have had it pre pig'd was silly
Not to do that. I'm really still learning even though near the end if my level 2 we've only done basic colours at out college :/ I thought about that this morning pre pig how silly of me. We used the 66/0 just a touch as I was short on the 6/0 so just put a bit in to give us enough. It was just what I had really as we had used 7/17 which is what I would have liked but the highlights shone through. Thanks again it's really still one big learning curve for me :) x

I agree with beckstar a double base is really for grey/white hair. It's intense and comes out a shade darker than expected sometimes. As regarding the pic, it's a lovely colour and the 6 will fade out a bit after several washes anyway

Latest posts

Back