Had to wrestle with client so much, thumb joint swollen

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I have woken to find my middle joint swollen and painful with a small lump on the inner side just above the joint.

This is my "holding" hand and the only thing I can think that I have done to it is, yesterday I had this lady who despite my constant requests for her to relax her hand, couldn't seem to, and i had to wrestle to hold her fingers down my side enough to see what i was doing. Ridiculous.

Particularly her thumb, if you imagine doing a thumbs up to someone, thats how she presented her thumbs to me to work on. And I had to wrestle them down from that position and she wouldnt give in so my hands hurt after.

I would say for her to relax and she said she was trying.:rolleyes:

Has anyone had this before and how long does it take to go off? It throbs all the time and if i knock it hurts like hell. Luckily only a Shellac application this morning as i don't really do Saturdays, just doing a favour.

You poor thing. I'm guessing but I'd say you've bruised that part of your finger.

I've had a few like that, all my clients say I'm really gentle but if they won't play the game. You have to be firm, however I also have a few arthritic clients who can't relax properly.

Whilst I'm washing and sanitising their hands, I give them a little massage to soften them up. It helps.

Latest posts

Back