Hair advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jellybaby1970

Reaction score
Hi, popped here from nails with a hair question. My natural colour is medium brown but I have spent years covering some grey roots and going slightly darker brown. This summer I took the plunge and went blonde. It took 3 sessions at the hairdressers over about 4 months and finally achieved the colour I wanted at the beginning of July.
Now the weather is changing and autumn is coming I would like to go a light warm brown.
What I would like to know is is this a long process? The reason I ask is I get really anxious at the hair salon (my hairdresser is lovely and I totally trust her, I just can't help feeling sick) and I would like to have an idea of what it involves and how long it would take.
She is on holiday at the moment so I can't ask her and just wondered if anyone here can help.
:biggrin:

No, not a long process at all, depending on if you are going for a full head of colour, or full head of lowlights with the Brown...just a full head colour will take anything from 30 mins to 45 mins, timings depend on which colour house she uses, some take longer to develop than others.

If you choose the full head of dark foils, you're looking at anything between hour and a half 2 hours.

No long process for darker shades :)
Hope this helps

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

No, not a long process at all, depending on if you are going for a full head of colour, or full head of lowlights with the Brown...just a full head colour will take anything from 30 mins to 45 mins, timings depend on which colour house she uses, some take longer to develop than others.

If you choose the full head of dark foils, you're looking at anything between hour and a half 2 hours.

No long process for darker shades :)
Hope this helps

Thank you! At the first appointment I'm probably looking at an all over colour and maybe adding subtle highlights in subsequent appointments. If my hair is highlighted now with an all over toner on the rest (I think, would this make sense?!) will there the end colour be a solid block of colour or will some or the lighter tones stay lighter compared to the rest of the colour? Hope I'm making sense lol. As you can tell, I don't know anything about hair which is why I thank God for professionals! :biggrin:

Depends on how dark you want to go, the chances are it will be a block colour, without seeing your hair it's hard to say 10O% she can always weave out some of the blonde and flood the dark inbetween to give a multi tonal effect.

Can you post a pic of your hair as it is now please?

IMG_20140705_151032.jpg

Whooooo hoooooo! Managed to put a pic up lol! Not a great pic but may give you an idea of how blonde it is. It does have different shades running through but all quite light. I would like to go a light brown but look shiny (something I've missed with blonde hair) and more fitting for autumn. Sorry for being vague, I have a sort of idea in my head but haven't seen any colour charts yet and don't want to be unrealistic in my expectations. I know I don't want to go dark brown or chestnut or anything like that :wink2:

When you get to the salon ask her to colour swatch your face... If her swatches come out of the chart.?!

It situations like this, I'd match a shade and tone to the skin colour, the wrong shade can drain the complexion and others will lift it.

Please don't panic or worry :) I'm.sure she will pick the perfect tone for you

Thank you for your help. Very informative and I have more of an idea of what to expect :hug:

Latest posts

Back