Hair and beauty finder app?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up with this pushy company at the show in manchester for a 3 month trial for £9.99. They have now stolen £118 pound out of my account because if you dont cancel the trial they automatically take the £118.

I have had no leads. They push the trial price at the show but do not inform you of the £118 that they will steal from you at the end of the trial.

Mis selling of a product and a contract. Currently trying to get my money back but all they quote is there terms and conditions.

Laughable.

I appreciate this thread was started nearly two years ago but wondered if anyone has had anything recently from this company/app.

I joined them in Feb 2013 and, like some people mentioned here, they took more money out my account near the end of the first year (which I have only just noticed!!). I have now received a 'final demand' letter with a threat of taking me to court for an over due invoice payment which has sent me into a slight panic as I have never received any invoices in the past. The invoice is dated Feb this year - and 8 months later I'm getting a final demand letter?!? I didn't even know I had an invoice to pay! And I don't appear to have ever received an email two days before my subscription is due to be renewed as the said they would. Pretty sure I cancelled after the year anyway!

Anyone experience the same? If so, is it a scam? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi @Poppily it may be a scam or a legal loophole and maybe you didn't cancel! Contact your bank to ensure they cannot take any payments. Try and find everything you can about them. Write everything down. Yes they sound like a scamming company but they are probably doing it legally. As said above - after a 3 month trial x amount is taken out. This will be in the small print I'm sure, but it doesn't make it any better. Ensure you put it in writing that your terminating any contracts with them.

Good luck

Vic x

As Vic says, make sure you cancel any direct debits or standing orders and tell your bank not to pay an of their demands as you are currently in dispute with the company.

Ask them to send you a copy of the contract you signed and then take it to a consumer advice organisation such as Citizens Advice or Trading Standards to check the legitimacy of it.

Hi @Poppily it may be a scam or a legal loophole and maybe you didn't cancel! Contact your bank to ensure they cannot take any payments. Try and find everything you can about them. Write everything down. Yes they sound like a scamming company but they are probably doing it legally. As said above - after a 3 month trial x amount is taken out. This will be in the small print I'm sure, but it doesn't make it any better. Ensure you put it in writing that your terminating any contracts with them.

Good luck

Vic x
Thank you. X

As Vic says, make sure you cancel any direct debits or standing orders and tell your bank not to pay an of their demands as you are currently in dispute with the company.

Ask them to send you a copy of the contract you signed and then take it to a consumer advice organisation such as Citizens Advice or Trading Standards to check the legitimacy of it.
Thank you. X

Latest posts

Back