Hair clippers/trimmers/razors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess O’Shea

Reaction score
So I've just qualified as a hairdresser and in the future I'm hoping to go into barbering... I am looking to buy the best razor/trimmer/clippers to use for both hairdressing and barbering. Nothing too expensive...

Let me know your suggestions

Thank you

It’s a personal choice really, just like scissors are.

I prefer to use cordless although I think corded tend to have stronger motors.
I recently bought myself the Wahl Magic Clip cord/cordless from salon savers and I really like it. It feels comfortable to hold but then I’m only using it occasionally, rather than several hours every day, like you would in a barbers.

Oster and Andis are other popular makes but reviews for Babyliss tend to be poor compared to their styling tools.

I used wahl for a long time then swapped to andis although still use both brands I feel I can get a slightly closer cut with the wahl, I do like the andis foil shaver though

I used wahl for a long time then swapped to andis although still use both brands I feel I can get a slightly closer cut with the wahl, I do like the andis foil shaver though

Which wahl did you use?

Firstly I reccomend cordless. Cords get in the way. I've liked the wahl brand (The white ones with the green and black stripe). You want to get something with decent battery lasting. A lot of salons may even supply them.

I don't know how good this shop is but these are the ones I was refering too
https://www.hairandbeautyonline.com/en/wahl-cordless-combi-pack.html
You'll want to get mini trimmers as well with whatever brand you go. I personally feel as though you should try and see if a store will let you hold them. Because there is nothing worse then uncomfortable tools.

So I've just qualified as a hairdresser and in the future I'm hoping to go into barbering... I am looking to buy the best razor/trimmer/clippers to use for both hairdressing and barbering. Nothing too expensive...

Let me know your suggestions

Thank you
Buy cheap buy twice !! I use Wahl cordless senior which are great but bit pricey also the cordless magic clip which is lighter in weight but still a good clippper. Also the Wahl detailer extra wide t blade will worth investing in to define the outline and edges. Corded will be cheaper just not a convenient.

Latest posts

Back