Hair colour advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katty198999

Reaction score
Hi I’m looking for advice for a clients hair I am due to do next week. We want a natural root smudge so she’s matched to an 8.1 .. we want the blonde icey .. would you say the best bet would be to foil it and just lighten up the band areas as it’s quite patchy / lots of bands. I was going to either use blonde me ice toner or 9-5.1 (shwartkopf igora vibrance )
Any advice would be appreciated.
What levels would u say her hair is at the moment ?

Attachments

• 3B869FF3-03FA-4BD1-A469-9AA91751D0E5.jpeg
    3B869FF3-03FA-4BD1-A469-9AA91751D0E5.jpeg
    992.8 KB · Views: 61
Hi I’m looking for advice for a clients hair I am due to do next week. We want a natural root smudge so she’s matched to an 8.1 .. we want the blonde icey .. would you say the best bet would be to foil it and just lighten up the band areas as it’s quite patchy / lots of bands. I was going to either use blonde me ice toner or 9-5.1 (shwartkopf igora vibrance )
Any advice would be appreciated.
What levels would u say her hair is at the moment ?
She's an 8 in some places and 7 in others. I'd say the band is a 6. I'd work on the banding firs, then aim to lighten the ends. If you try and lighten it all first you'll still have the banding. To tone it with the ice toner or the 9-5.1 you'll need those ends to be a level 10.

Thanks for your reply ronray. Could I do free painting balayage perhaps then do the root wet with a toner ? Sorry I don’t have a lot of colour correction knowledge so just want to approach with the best method to do this

Thanks for your reply ronray. Could I do free painting balayage perhaps then do the root wet with a toner ? Sorry I don’t have a lot of colour correction knowledge so just want to approach with the best method to do this
Yes I think this should be session work, or she has to be prepared for a big bill and spend the whole day with you. I would correct the banding, then freehand the M.L.E. rinse then apply a root drag with a demi/quasi and then apply a toner to the mid lengths and ends Blending the two together so you don't get a band again :)

Thanks for your help much appreciated

Latest posts

Back