Hair colour advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holswa

Reaction score
Hi there,
I’m a student currently studying my level 3 tech qual at college.
I had my final synoptic exam today, the criteria was to do a colour cut and finish.
We had to do a block colour and disconnected hair cut. We had to use a minimum of 2 hair colouring products one being a permanent.
For this I had a lady with grown out full head highlights she didn’t like having to maintain it so I put a few fine bleach packets through the front that being my permanent colour. I then used an ashy 8 colour on the roots with I then blended in to an ashy 10 like a colour melt.
When it came to my feedback they told me that I had not done a block colour, my argument was that it was a full head of colour being a block colour just blended in.
However they did not agree with this.
I asked everyone at my salon what they think and they think it was wrong to fail me as it was like a block colour. I wanted to ask you to get your opinion and hopefully you agree so I’m able to appeal against there decision and change my mark.
Thankyou
Holly

I’m sorry to say that what you did is not classed as a block colour. IMO.,,Sorry Hun!

I'd class a block colour as just one colour all over, so I think it's weird that they wanted you to use a minimum of two different colouring products..?

Block usually means solid colour.
Not sure I understand what they mean by a minimum of 2 hair colouring products unless it’s a root touch up and you’re meant to do the roots with a permanent and use a semi to refresh the remainder?

What exactly do the instructions state?

Latest posts

Back