Hair colour after cancer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
Hi, a potential new client has just finished her chemotherapy for cancer, and is looking to have a colour done,
I don’t know much about medication and how it effects hair after chemo, other than like hormones, medication can maybe sometimes stop colours taking, but is there any other reason why you’d need to be more cautious?
Cancer research says try to wait 6 months before getting a colour done, which I believe she has already, what would you advise?
Maybe start with a semi colour? Or highlights?
I’ve not met client she’s a friend of my existing client, so wondered if anyone had more info? Like is there a certain ingredient, or is it just because hair is weaker?
I always do a skin patch test anyway as standard.
Many thanks for any info xx

Hi, a potential new client has just finished her chemotherapy for cancer, and is looking to have a colour done,
I don’t know much about medication and how it effects hair after chemo, other than like hormones, medication can maybe sometimes stop colours taking, but is there any other reason why you’d need to be more cautious?
Cancer research says try to wait 6 months before getting a colour done, which I believe she has already, what would you advise?
Maybe start with a semi colour? Or highlights?
I’ve not met client she’s a friend of my existing client, so wondered if anyone had more info? Like is there a certain ingredient, or is it just because hair is weaker?
I always do a skin patch test anyway as standard.
Many thanks for any info xx
The hair will be fragile to start with. So definitely avoid anything harsh.
One of my clients actually started with a demi and ended up loving it and that's what we've stuck with now, occasionally add a few highlights around the face to brighten it up a bit. Only thing I found was that it was hard to get it to show the tone, but that could be individual to the client.

Thank you, I did think start off gentle, I just wasn’t sure if there was anything else I needed to be aware of?
Thanks for your help as always

Thank you, I did think start off gentle, I just wasn’t sure if there was anything else I needed to be aware of?
Thanks for your help as always
Ooh also just make sure you do a patch test 😉

Latest posts

Back