Hair colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamtina22

Reaction score
Hi..
My client is around a base 5/6 and last time she had a full head bleach so the rest of her hair is around a 9/10 now.
She now wants to go for a more subtle blonde on the root fading out to lighter on the ends.
Would I be able to use a permanent colour to lift her to the desired shade ( 7/8-4 )
Or would I need to bleach and tone ?
I use Schwarzkopf colours .

I've uploaded her before and after from last time so you can see her natural root colour aswell as her current colour and a picture of something similar to what we are aiming for.

Could I foil a few pieces out through the parting to keep blonde then use 8-1 with 30 vol on the natural regrowth and then 8-46 through the mid to blend ?
Thankyou X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1471416590.549683.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1471416641.198369.jpg

8.1 won't be neutralizing enough and her roots will be brassy. I'd probably do 1/2 8.11, 1/4 E1, 1/4 0-22 and 30vol. That should give you a bit more control of the orange undertones, and give you more depth cause her roots start out more like a 7 anyway.The rest sounds pretty good though. Maybe tone her ends with 9.5-4 too, to make them a little softer and beachy lookin, as shown in the picture. Hope that helps :)

Ok that sounds great thanks for your help. 9.5-4 is a good idea and I understand the formula for the roots that was the bit that was confusing me as we've only ever darkened it or bleached it.. Thankyou

No problem! On second thought I'd maybe replace the 0-22 in that formula with 6-12. It sounds scary and dark but it's not. Going from a level 5-8 is quite a jump and you're better off adding a bit of 6-12 to make it a level 7ish cause 8-46 is in the nude tones and although it's warm, you're still putting it over platinum hair so it won't be as warm as in the swatch and it would look strange to have a brassy level 8 root flowing into the 8-46 etc.
There's a lot of orange/yellow undertone with a level 8 and I'm afraid even with the first formula, it might not have enough warmth control so just throw that 1/4 of 6-12 in there, better deeper then brassy x

Did it today and really happy with the result..
In the end I fouled a couple of blonde pieces out through the parting. used igora Royal 8-0 and 8-11 on the natural regrowth.. Mid lengths I used vibrance 8-65 and 8-0 and then 9.5-4 on the ends !
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1472070794.358829.jpg

*foiled [emoji38]

You did a beautiful job!

It's got subdued warmth, and not brassy at all. Love it.

Thankyou [emoji4]

Did you color melt and apply it all in one shot?

Yes I put foils in and painted the root on and then applied the two semi permanent mixtures straight after. Left for 30 minutes then took foils out, wet it all down and rubbed it all through before washing .

Nice! She must be really happy xx

Yes it's my sister and she's helped me look after my daughter over summer holidays whilst I've worked so I did it as a treat for her [emoji4] Thankyou for your help X

Works out perfect. You're both happy :)

Latest posts

Back