Hair courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loobylou22

Reaction score
Is There any where that offers basic courses like parts of an nvq like they do in beauty?
Basic cutting and colouring? I'm nvq 2 & 3 beauty and cannot go back to college full time.
So are these sort of courses available?

Where abouts are you located ?
I know lorealprofessionnel does courses like that , there's an academy on deansgate in Manchester.

Hi

Rendezvous in Derby tel 01332 344233 offer loads of courses and they have a few as i booked one for my junior on monday this week for a cutting course and it said it was aimed at people new to hairdressing and was going to cover all the basics of general cutting and i paid for that, and i also booked 4 more courses, one for a retail training class for all the salon cost me £10.00 each, color one and that was £10.00 each too, they are run by MATRIX and the lady there told me they are having some outside training too like foiling, color application etc very soon, i find this place the most helpful of cash and carrys in Derby as they seem to know what they are talking about compared with the others in Derby, i have done a course there last year with Terry longdon was a color class about signature work cost me £180.00 i think, and that was AMAZING, SO DEFFO recommend

Thanks very much for your replys. Zebra cake im in Derby itself, Loreal sounds a good company to train with Il give them a ring to see their prices and what kind of courses they can offer to me.
6886 OMG that sounds amazing, I will be ringing them in the morning too, This sounds exactly what im looking for.
I will let you know how i get on, Thanks everso.xx

Sounds like a good idea in theory and i hope you can get everything you need out of it. I do think though that to be any where near good enough or confident enough to do cutting and colouring you need longer than a quick course, i did 2 years part time at college in the evenings to do my nvq 1 & 2
and had months of clients in college and i was quite competent, but still found it really daunting actually doing it professionally. As there is a reputation that comes with the quality of your work, Not mean to be harsh here at all, its just something to think about as it's not just as simple as doing a couple of crash courses, its only my opinion but that alone will make you by no means ready to deal with the needs of clients. :):) there's also the insurance issue...

Last edited:
You will not get insurance to do hair without a recognised qualification.
I use lots of short courses for my staff to refresh, update and hone their skills. It is not a substitute for general training though.

along with courses may i suggest you buy dolly heads too and do loads of practice cuts too, and then human models then, as with al lthings in life, practice makes perfect !!!

Thanks loads for all your replies. I have done nvq level 2 while i worked for a chain salon, however left before I completed my assessments. I no now kicking myself!!! So I have done it all, it's just the certification I need.
I am totally aware I'm stuck between a rock and hard place, and am usually sooo against 1 day courses. Just wondered if there was a quicker way to get to where I want to be.
Oh the courses I have rang are not accredited, and I would never dare to work without insurance. I have put too much into my beauty to risk that. Will keep you posted with how I get on. Thanks again. Xx

Latest posts

Back