Hair curling help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs T

Reaction score
Hi lovely Geeks!!
Am a MUA who is a qualified hairstylist. I love doing hair ups etc and am always studying for new styles etc.
I am currently booked in to style 6 adults for a Wedding. Have done all the trials and Bride is happy. However, my problem is this....the style is tumbling curls, half up half down. Easy from the styling part but it is sooooo time consuming! Am taking someone along with me to help but I feel even then I am not going to have enough time!
A hairdresser friend as recommended a 'wonder wand' instead of tongs (this is what the Bride wanted originally) as it will half the time.
Will this be ok?? Will the curls stay in?? (3 have extensions) and best product to use for longevity of the curls?? I currently use Loreal Pli.
Please help me!!!! 😱😱😱 xxxxx

Hi!
I use straighteners to curl so cant offer you advise on the wand unfortunately. Have used fudge tongs in the past and loved them though!

What do you usually curl with?
Is your helper a stylist aswell?
Maybe you could both start curling, you pin while she curls the next and so on.
Are all their extensions fitted or clip in? (Ive had trouble with clip in '100% real hair' melting..)

On the bride I'd usually blow dry hers first and use a mousse or thickener to give her hair some texture when I'm going to curl it.
The bridesmaids I'd spray as I go, every section with my black silhouette hairspray.
Warn them that the curls with drop so do them as tighter. and I'd do fine hair last! Hth x

If you do lots of hair-ups then consider investing in a Babyliss Pro curl.

It is expensive, but it saves so much time plus all the sections will be evenly curled.

I curl the hair using my wand then pin each curl to allow it to set, spraying each section as I go. Lasts all day and into the night.

I curl the hair using my wand then pin each curl to allow it to set, spraying each section as I go. Lasts all day and into the night.

I used that technique recently on hair that "doesn't hold curl well" on a bridesmaid and it lasted all day and night so from then on when I do bridal and prom hair that's how I get curls to last. I do the same for curly bouncy blow drys too xx

Fab thanks geeks!!!! Really helpful :Love::Love:

Latest posts

Back