Hair | Double Delight For Zullo & Holland

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Nottingham’s favourite salon, Zullo & Holland had double cause for celebration this week as creative director Angelo Vallillo took the Fellowship for British Hairdressing’s Image of the Year award and artistic stylist Simon Tuckwell was named one of four victors in the fiercely fought contest to make up the Fellowship’s 2014 FAME team.

Angelo’s win comes hot on the heels of glory in the British Hairdressing Awards last week, where he was crowned British Hairdresser of the Year, Eastern. The image that won him the Fellowship accolade, of a stunning pink pixie crop, was from the collection that took him to victory in the BHAs. Already featured on the cover of HJ, it is now recognised as the most aspirational hairdressing image for 2014.

Meanwhile, Simon, who started at Zullo & Holland little more than a month ago, will now go on to reap all the benefits of the Fellowship’s FAME team membership. A year-long programme of global educational events for up-and-coming young stylists, it will give his career a huge boost and set him firmly on the road to industry stardom.

Angelo said, "I knew the image was strong, but it’s amazing to win this award. It’s especially satisfying as it represents recognition from other hairdressers and people I’ve admired myself all my working life. We’ve just opened the Angelo Vallillo Academy, and I hope this win will help show what is possible with dedication and passion for your craft. I’m also delighted for Simon. It’s a great opportunity that will open many doors for him, and at Zullo & Holland you can be sure we’ll be giving him all the support we can to make sure the year is a success."

Simon said, "I’m overjoyed that Fellowship members have given me the chance to be a part of the FAME team. I worked so hard to get there and I’m determined to make the most of all the opportunities it will give me over the coming year to learn from some of hairdressing’s great names and improve what I do."

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-05 at 14.49.08.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-12-05 at 14.49.08.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 92

Latest posts

Back