Hair extension aftercare products help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen-Marie

Reaction score
Hi, I've just started a course and I'm wondering, once I'm working on clients do I sell aftercare products to them or supply them free? And what about a hair extension brush? Would I provide one as a free gift?

I've got a lot to learn lol
Thanks x

Anyone please?

Hi!
I've been fitting extensions for over 2 years and I don't actually sell shampoo. I just promote supermarket brands to my clients and they love my honest approach. I recommend XXX which I also use personally.
As for the brushes, I just buy them online and then sell them for a few pounds more.
Hope that helps x

[edited by a moderator - we do not allow OTC product recommendations on this site]

Last edited by a moderator:
If the hair is human hair, Olaplex is an amazing product that will help the extensions stay in the best condition possible! I have my guests use the #3 at home on both their hair and extensions. Just always instruct them to keep it away from the bonds since its a cream base! Good moisturizer after!

I agree with you April Garcia, that Olaplex is good product for any style of hair extension.

Thank you all, much appreciated.

I have my own product range within my home salon for extensions which I don't include in the price unless of course I put an offer on... Free aftercare box set with all full heads etc. Although you don't want to be leaving yourself short on the wage side of things so if you have a trade account for the supplier you use I would price up and include one in the full price. A client will always love a 'freebie'... Little will they know they've actually paid for it included in the price [emoji6][emoji23]

I'm thinking of stocking an aftercare range any advice on shampoos in particular? I do fusion bonds ( not prebonded) and mini locks. Which shampoos are good for keeping bonds hard? Currently I recommend x10 ( but this can sometimes be very drying) or high st clarifying shampoos. Any advice appreciated chicks x

I'm thinking of stocking an aftercare range any advice on shampoos in particular? I do fusion bonds ( not prebonded) and mini locks. Which shampoos are good for keeping bonds hard? Currently I recommend x10 ( but this can sometimes be very drying) or high st clarifying shampoos. Any advice appreciated chicks x
Hairplanets aftercare set is really good, I no longer use there hair but still order there aftercare.
x

[edited to remove OTC recommendation]

I swear by easilocks aftercare products. I don't wear easilocks hair but their aftercare.... smells divine, the conditioner leaves my hair like silk and the Rose gold oil is the only oil I've found that I can apply to dry hair and it doesn't leave it greasy and tacky.

But any non sulphate, moisturising shampoo/conditioner will be fine x

I hate x10 it's super drying! I sell my suppliers after care and it keeps the hair soft for throughout the clients wear.

My clients dont seem to like the OTC brand even though thats what i recommend but ive now added my range through options and there selling really well my clients are getting on with it better.

[edited to remove OTC brand details]

Great! Thanks for all the advice ladies! Yes I agree the x10 is great for the bonds but not so much for the hair. I also stopped using hair planet after they discontinued their Russian gold range but I'll check out their aftercare stuff see what prices are like x

If the hair is human hair, Olaplex is an amazing product that will help the extensions stay in the best condition possible! I have my guests use the #3 at home on both their hair and extensions. Just always instruct them to keep it away from the bonds since its a cream base! Good moisturizer after!

Thanks for your suggestion.

Hi, I've just started a course and I'm wondering, once I'm working on clients do I sell aftercare products to them or supply them free? And what about a hair extension brush? Would I provide one as a free gift?

I've got a lot to learn lol
Thanks x
Of course u up sale everything u can.Unless, your Just charge a little more to build clients and include some products. I'm licensed in extensions and give all new clients a how to book I made with tips . What r u charging for extension

Reminder to all Geeks posting on this thread.

Recommending Over The Counter (OTC) products is against site rules and posts will be edited or deleted as necessary.

Let's keep this forum professional!

I think Olaplex is the good products for hair.

We provide aftercare products such as GL shampoo, GL condition, Argon oil, GL loop brush and aftercare cards. We do sell these items separately and as a full kit. Do inbox us for more information as we do offer trader accounts too.

Latest posts

Back