Hair extension complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephanie_87

Reaction score
I have been doing hair extensions for two years and have never come across this problem. I fitted a set of Keratin bonds about 2 months ago and now the lady has sent me an e-mail saying the extensions are falling out but it looks like from the photos that her own hair is coming out with them. I have never had anyone with this problem before. Normally my clients come back with exactly what I fitted and it takes me ages to remove them. The client lives quite a distance from the salon so even though maintainance checks are offered she has not been back. What on earth could be causing this problem 2 months down the line? Thanks in advance :)

How much of her natural hair is becoming loose? It could all be explained by simply her own hair shedding. I had a client with micro rings on removal all the naturally shredded hair come out when removing the extensions and she panicked thinking the extensions are making her bald. She wasn't going bald at all. As new hairs grow existing hair sheds for how ever long the extensions are in place for the hair the bonds are attached some will shed in time. I would check them and it probably can be explained by this. Also explain this to your client :) good luck xxx

I will definitely get her into the salon so that I can have a look but she is saying they were lovely to start with and everybody said so but now they are falling out and she is scared to brush it or straighten it in case more come out. The photo she sent me looks like the whole piece of her natural hair has been pulled clean from the scalp. There is also another picture showing about 15 bits of hair fallen out. She is in no way being nasty about it she is just concerned for her hair and also wants a refund as she feels these were not the right type for her hair and should have had a weave. I don't do weaves so can't advise. I do keratin glue and micro beads. I did a consultation, asked all the relevant questions and contra indications etc etc. I felt that glue would be better as in my experience the beads slip out more and require more trips to the salon. I don't understand how this is suddenly happening after 2 months and don't know what to say to her or how to sort it out.

Suggest you ask her lots of questions. Has she put bleach or any other chemicals on her hair since seeing you last?

She can't possibly expect a refund for used hair 2 months down the line?!
Has she told you the problems started before or just now? How often is she washing her hair?
She needs to give you an opportunity to sort them. If she has decided they weren't right for her hair then that's on her not you. Like you say you can't advise on a method you don't do!

Latest posts

Back