Hair extension for 6 months?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Hello geeks
I'm new to hair extensions and I'm in the process of looking for models. I was talking to a girl about them when her friend joined us. i was telling her how she would need mainteneance after 6 weeks and they would need to be taken iut after 3 months to let her hair rest.

thebfriend who had joinesd us who is a hairdresser was asking me about them and she said she had Cinderella hair fitted. She says she has them in for 6 months. When I asked did she have maintenance she said yes, then she went on to say

"she originally told me they should come out at 3 months then she said she was using better quality hair which meant i could keep them in for 6 months. She told me theses ones were tipped with keratin so were "good for your hair"!

I asked her in the 6 months that she had them in did the bond get moved but she said no and I said to her the length of hair from root of hair to where bond was would surely be more prone to matting leaving that long, not to mention the extra strain on your hair. I couldn't believe that she would be recommended to keep her extensions in for 6 months. I was taught at my training to never leave the bonds in longer for 3 months and the hair should have a rest for a week if possible which gives the client time to wash her scalp a few times and let the hair rest.

I guess I just wanted to check I was right in what I told her. To me it makes no sense that they should stay in untouched for 6 months or that they should stay in longer because they re "keratin" tipped. Regardless of that she should have been telling her to have them removed after 6 months.

Yes you are right, they should only be left in for 3-4 months so you can give your hair a rest, i use keratin tips aswell x

Surely after 6 months theyl have grown out so much theyl be the other side of your ponytail! :-0 !! Haha, perhaps shes got her wires crossed somewhere, good hair can last 6, 12, 15m but need refitting within that time

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

thanks for replying. yes you are right the growth would be out other side of her ponytail! I did mention this to her and i she said they werent touched for the 6 months and the reasoning the extensionist gave for them being in for 6 months in was because it was a "better quality hair" and that "they are kerratin tips and it is "good for your hair"!

Latest posts

Back