Hair extension pattern help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_kayla_x

Reaction score
Hi

I went on a hair extension course recently and whilst the manual provided is good, I don't feel very confident with colour selection and placement.

Can someone please point me in the right direction of some resources that would help me with this? Websites, DVDs, books? I really would like to learn placement patterns to create different looks I.e 2 blonde to 1 brown, that kind of thing. Specifically with using tips as opposed to wefts.

Hope that makes sense! Xx

I don't think you will find any books on this subject. Maybe try you tube? Also practise, try a row of each colour instead for a more subtle colour blend than the "one brown one blonde" technique which can be quite stripy.

I mostly follow the clients own hair colour and stop after each row, take a step back and see if it's dark or light enough. If it's too dark add a few more lighter extensions in the next row.

Buy an extra pack of each colour you are using until you're confident in estimating how many you need.

I agree that's how I do mine, & try to establish at consultations the colour ratio, nothing worse than putting an order in & can't remember how much of each shade you needed lol

There are quite a few books on hair extensions have a search in amazon or google xx

Latest posts

Back