Hair extension payments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do the same. I keep my business and private money totally separate. I take hair money up front to cover these costs and then the money on fitting is mine, and pay it into my account accordingly. It's probably not the easiest way but hey ho. Lol :) xxxx

Knew I wasn't the only one lol. I'm doing this for a little extra income whilst working part time. So this how it has to be one at the moment until the money is in place. But I would never buy out of my own pocket what if the client decides they don't want it done and them your stuck with the hair that you paid for

I went through PCIProcessing and got they did me a deal with Elavon.

I take the cost of the hair.

Knew I wasn't the only one lol. I'm doing this for a little extra income whilst working part time. So this how it has to be one at the moment until the money is in place. But I would never buy out of my own pocket what if the client decides they don't want it done and them your stuck with the hair that you paid for

I never used to take deposits, then I got screwed over twice. One was when I worked as an extensionist in a salon so it didn't effect me! We ordered 250 strands of balmain hair and they didn't show up and never heard from them again so we was stuck with all this hair. Luckily we advertised and found someone with a colour match pretty quick but had to give them a hefty discount lol as the salon didn't take deposits. Then I had one customer who on her consultation had brown hair and on fitting had gone so many shades lighter! Eurgh. I didn't take a deposit for that hair and then she refused to pay more, luckily the price she paid covered the 2 sets of hair BUT then I didn't get any money for fitting. So now I take a deposit for the hair, remaining paid before or on the day of fitting. And I added in my disclaimer they cannot alter the colour of their hair before fitting! I too now only work part time as I have a full time job through the week plus another part time job! Eurgh! So many jobs. Although we're moving to York soon so thinking of giving it all up and just doing hair. Xx

I never used to take deposits, then I got screwed over twice. One was when I worked as an extensionist in a salon so it didn't effect me! We ordered 250 strands of balmain hair and they didn't show up and never heard from them again so we was stuck with all this hair. Luckily we advertised and found someone with a colour match pretty quick but had to give them a hefty discount lol as the salon didn't take deposits. Then I had one customer who on her consultation had brown hair and on fitting had gone so many shades lighter! Eurgh. I didn't take a deposit for that hair and then she refused to pay more, luckily the price she paid covered the 2 sets of hair BUT then I didn't get any money for fitting. So now I take a deposit for the hair, remaining paid before or on the day of fitting. And I added in my disclaimer they cannot alter the colour of their hair before fitting! I too now only work part time as I have a full time job through the week plus another part time job! Eurgh! So many jobs. Although we're moving to York soon so thinking of giving it all up and just doing hair. Xx

Oh god now I'm glad I always take deposits. I was trained to take a deposit of the hair cost anyway. And then I'm covered. If they don't want it done the hairs there's. it's in my forms that the hair is non refundable. I just want an easier way of getting it into my bank. I don't need money in place for this business,

I think its pretty standard to take a deposit to buy hair, you just could never keep enough varients in stock (colour, length, tips :o_O: ) you'd need thousands of pounds tied up.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think its pretty standard to take a deposit to buy hair, you just could never keep enough varients in stock (colour, length, tips :o_O: ) you'd need thousands of pounds tied up.

And not everyone has that kind of money. I know as a new mum I don't x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Im trying to kit out a stand just for 18" wefts and can't get the numbers to add up, the amount of stock needed to hold is eyewatering and pointless,sigh! Nevergonnahappen :/

Im trying to kit out a stand just for 18" wefts and can't get the numbers to add up, the amount of stock needed to hold is eyewatering and pointless,sigh! Nevergonnahappen :/

I'm never sticking hair to much hassle and I'd hate it to sit collecting dust. I'm only working from home x

Ahh I totally fell your pain!! Getting a deposit for the hair is the most annoying thing about doing hair extensions!!
Most of my clients come for a consultation before their installation appointment and usually if they would like to proceed with getting extenions they pay me cash on the consultation (for the hair) and then pay the remaining amount on their installation appointment.
Some clients don't have cash on them so they usually have to go to an ATM withdraw cash and come back..
Although i'm building a new home salon and i am going to have an EFTPOS machine, you pay a monthly fee and it goes directly to your bank account, it is a must! especially if you're getting really busy and can't tell your clients that you only take cash payments.

I never used to take deposits either, I thought it sounded "stingy" but after I got screwed over and have no shows I realised why so many extensionists ALWAYS take deposits. I am too doing it for an extra income whilst studying beauty therapy but I am definitely going to take it more serious and do better advertising and i am going to do hair and beauty from home at the end of this year. Although it is hard attracting clients for extensions especially bcos i didn't have a previous clientele. I am hoping as soon as my home salon is finished i can get busier and attract the RIGHT clients to the ones that are looking for bargains...

Ahh I totally fell your pain!! Getting a deposit for the hair is the most annoying thing about doing hair extensions!!
Most of my clients come for a consultation before their installation appointment and usually if they would like to proceed with getting extenions they pay me cash on the consultation (for the hair) and then pay the remaining amount on their installation appointment.
Some clients don't have cash on them so they usually have to go to an ATM withdraw cash and come back..
Although i'm building a new home salon and i am going to have an EFTPOS machine, you pay a monthly fee and it goes directly to your bank account, it is a must! especially if you're getting really busy and can't tell your clients that you only take cash payments.

Oh we're can I find info on one of these I hate cash it means I have to take it to my bank and then it means I'm delaying ordering the hair. Nightmare dragging my baby to the bank where there's limited parking

Oh we're can I find info on one of these I hate cash it means I have to take it to my bank and then it means I'm delaying ordering the hair. Nightmare dragging my baby to the bank where there's limited parking

Look on the Internet and have a look around there are some good deals to be had.

It definitely would be annoying doing that!
You can ask the bank you're with, it's pretty much called a "hire" as you pay a smal monthy fee, if you hire one off the bank you're with it is much cheaper. Some banks charge you 30cents every transaction if they do you just charge your client a 30cent eftpos fee.
It's better if you ask a few banks and compare which is the cheapest option, not all banks/companies charge a fee for every transaction :)

Latest posts

Back