Hair Extension Qualification

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clazaridis

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently am trained to fit hair extensions in 6 different methods, I haven't however trained in the shrinkies method, do i by law have to be trained in this method to offer it to clients?? Ive had a go at putting them in on my training head which was successful. To take them out properly do I just re heat the shrink tube and ease it down the hair??

Hi,

I currently am trained to fit hair extensions in 6 different methods, I haven't however trained in the shrinkies method, do i by law have to be trained in this method to offer it to clients?? Ive had a go at putting them in on my training head which was successful. To take them out properly do I just re heat the shrink tube and ease it down the hair??

I know you have said that you have not trained in this method but if you dont have a certificate in this method then you need to check with your insurance to see if you can offer this to your clients just to be on the safe side and to cover yourself.

Hi,

To remove Shrinkies heat them again with the heat clamp Slide extension hair and Shrinkie off the natural hair. Use acetone or sweet orange oil to remove Shrinkies residue.

I totally disagree I think if this lady is fully Habia trained and competent in 6 different methods ,
then I am sure she can apply and remove a shrinkie with just a few simple manufactures instructions as its not rocket science :eek:
I do not agree that she will not get insurance
I think she should just check with her insurance people and shop around
I can pm you an insurance company who will take you on with no problem
as you probably have far more qualifications than loads of us on here :)

Thanks, I will check with my insurance just to be safe. My course was Habia approved and I picke dup all 6 methods really quickly so I don't think shrinkies would cause me any problems.... My insurance is due for renewal in August so I may pm you closer to the time or if my insurance says no! Thanks again everyone!

Hi Claire,

Could i just ask did you learn all these methods in the same course? And if so where did you do it as i am looking to learn different methods? Or if any one else knows a Habia approved multi method course out there thats no tied to a brand name???

Cheers

Hi, I did it through extendhair, they either come to you or go to them, it's a one on one course. Just search on the net for extendhair training, should bring it up! x

Hi Claire,

Could i just ask did you learn all these methods in the same course? And if so where did you do it as i am looking to learn different methods? Or if any one else knows a Habia approved multi method course out there thats no tied to a brand name???

Cheers
hi,try www.lush-us.co.uk, they've got a course that covers 4 methods,pre-bond,shrinkies,micro rings & fusion which is about £495.95 i think. have a look on theyre sight as all the info is there anything else not covered on thyre sight just email them & they will reply,they also do them seperatly,& either 1 to 1trainning in salon or at one theyre trainning centres. and its habia approved. ive been lookin into maybe doin the pre-bonded method with them & theyve been really helpful. hope this helps :green:

Cheers me dears!:lol:

I need to ring my insurer but I have looked at my paperwork and it covers me as a free lance hair dresser which covers hair extensions and everything else that comes under hair dresser, no mention of which methods i can do etc......

Latest posts

Back