Hair extension supplier help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmycarr

Reaction score
I have recently become qualified in hair extensions. To build up my portfolio I have a couple of customers going to pay for the hair and I fit them for free. ( I want to build up my confidence before I start charging people full price) I got my full kit when I qualified but the colour ring we got is for GLAMOROUS LENGTHS. After reading a few things on here it seems as though the hair used to be good quality a few years ago but the more recent posts seem to say it's horrible and matts easily. As I am just starting out the last thing I need is my first lot of customers coming back saying it's terrible and knocking my confidence. I no there is a lot of aftercare involved with extensions but according to some posts even with the best aftercare the hair is matting! Can anyone give me some info on this or tell me which hair or company is best?? Also is the colour ring and numbers the same with all extensions or will I need to buy a new ring for which ever brand I use? Thanks

I use prestidge, trasnform and angels locks and sometimes euphoiroa one (the brazlian hair not the indian), i have three different hair budgets to offer all clientelle. the best thing i could suggest is get samples from several companies and test the hair yourself ie wash colour dry out excessive heat on the strands serveral times to see how the hair lasts. unfortinatly none of the colour rings are univeral so you will need to order colour rings for each company you use

Hi, Ive just started using Wonderful hair and ive had some really good feed back there hairs is amazing i used to use great lengths but since they have increased there prices i just cant seem to make a good enough profit for the work im doing.
Hope this helps xxx

We use transform Mongolian and Russian but on reflection only about 20% have the Russian as the Mongolian is just as good and much lower priced what methods do you do as hair planet wefts are good too

I have just started using Little Miss indulgence Hair Extensions the hair is amazing and they have a variety of colours on offer i just find them a lot easier to use than other suppliers to deal with as the customer service is very good they have replied back very quickly on quires i have had and the prices are very low they offer 25 bonds for £15.99 which includes VAT and they also offer fast delivery which for us is very important I have clients that sometimes want there hair next day providing we get order in with them by 4pm we can have our hair on a next day delivery service. there website is www.littlemissindulgencehairextensions.com

Last edited:
I got some sample hair from theses and it wasn't great hair. I recently had a client that had this hair and it sheds a lot so the client wont come back if this is the case.

I used to use transform but found it to thin. I like 1g strands on some clients.

I was thinking of using a bundle of Kazz Hair. Has anyone tried these before?? Gorgeous, soft and thick.
She says it's human remy Indian and Brazilian but she doesn't have many recommendations

I used to use transform but found it to thin. I like 1g strands on some clients.

I was thinking of using a bundle of Kazz Hair. Has anyone tried these before?? Gorgeous, soft and thick.
She says it's human remy Indian and Brazilian but she doesn't have many recommendations
I've never heard of them do they have a website? Transform do 1g double drawed bonds that we use

I've never heard of them do they have a website? Transform do 1g double drawed bonds that we use
Kazz look to similar to euphoria one the colour chart all hair products colours and styles are the same even down to how many strands are in each packet?

Has anyone tried bonita hair, someone has recommended them to me but I haven't heard of them? I've had a look on the website but it's just so hard to decide where is best

Have you requested samples from different companies?

Yea I've got a few different samples ordered they should be here the beginning of next week

I used to use Hair Planet but now use HolSam Hair, hair planet only gave trade 15% discount where as holsam give 30%. I find holsam hair lasts upto and sometimes over a year with regular maintenance and correct aftercare by my clients. hope this helps. C x

Bigger discount doesn't always mean cheaper or better though. The higher the discount, the more desperate they are to get customers I think.
Work out prices from different suppliers. I've been contacted by suppliers saying they have an exclusive discount of 30% discount so I double check prices with my supplier and there 10% discount is still cheaper.

X

Yes I understand what your saying, the quality is far better than most I have used, its all about personal preference I suppose :) . C x

we can send you some sample hair to check the quality we promise you wont be disappointed.

Have you thought about DM?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Ive just started using Wonderful hair and ive had some really good feed back there hairs is amazing i used to use great lengths but since they have increased there prices i just cant seem to make a good enough profit for the work im doing.
Hope this helps xxx
Hi there can I ask have you been using their standard hair or premium, the premium is quite expensive.

Hi there can I ask have you been using their standard hair or premium, the premium is quite expensive.

I use both depending on my client and what they want but most of the time premium is what i use as the quality is amazing and that is the main thing in order to ensure repeat clients. If you use poor quality hair like a lot of these stockists are these days then your clients wont return or recommend you. a lot of my business comes from recommendations.
xxx

Latest posts

Back