Hair extension training: is three methods in one day too much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trashqueen

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I know that hair extensions are talked about extensively here but haven't really found what I am looking for.

I'm looking to do the Oakley Academy hair extension day course in the summer. I'm only really interested in micro and nano rings however the course in my area that incorporates these also has fusion bonding.

Is it really feasible to believe that I can learn these methods confidently in one day? I've been a qualified hairdresser for 7 years and have applied some of those feather hair extensions with micro rings that were trendy a few years ago, so know the basics of the method/what tools are involved.

Would love to hear some thoughts. Thank you!

Just bumping this a little for the weekend crowd. Thank you!

I did one of their courses this week and they was really good and spent plenty of time on each method.

It's not as much to squeeze in to one day as you think. A lot of it is sectioning, where to apply, different hair types, size of sections etc, the rest is just different ways of attaching each individual extension!

Thank you. Oakley would be prepared to let me switch out fusion bonding for celebrity weave so I think that will help even more. I think I am going to ring and book tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back