Hair extension training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fair enough the connect to hair tutor may be city and guilds trained but so are most hairdressers that go into teaching.for a hairdresser to have any insight into hair extensions they have to take the level 3 hairdressing course,this means they are proficient in all aspects of hairdressing BEFORE they then do level 3! the people trained to do hair extensions by connect to hair do NOT come away with a city and guilds recognised qualification,so it matters not whether the trainer is c&g qualified!! i have trained with several professional extensions companies (who will only do in salon training) and am city and guilds qualified in hairdressing to level 3 so if i take a day out and train my boyfriend to do hair extensions does that mean he will be proficient too? ill even print him a certificate out!! i have not found one extensionist who has been trained by the aforementioned company that i would let near my hair.i have had to put right a lot of extensions that have been installed by people trained by them and i couldnt believe the state of some of them,and as for them cutting and styling the extensions after installation,dont get me started on THAT subject!

Just a quick reminder that we don't encourage slating of companies on SalonGeek.com

Geek Commandments said:
2 - Thou shalt not use thy forum to troll.

This is not the place to bitch and moan about proper nouns (i.e. People or companies). That doesn't mean that you can't debate, question or raise a valid point. It means that I don't want to see threads about how x sucks. See this article on constructively trolling to complain in a constructive way.

http://www.salongeek.com/how-do-stuff-site/31101-commandments-geek.html

This company (connect-2-hair) has trained hundreds of students and I was trained by this company four years ago. I have since done further training with other companies and keep up to date with my training as new methods are being developed all the time.

I had my hair done by a person who had trained with this company last year and she did an excellent job and I would highly recommend her.

If someone is searching for hair extension training its all about doing your research and finding a company that fits all your requirements.

Last edited:
CONNECT-2-HAIR endeavour to always give a high level of service to all students and I know Zephyr the tutor works hard and enthusiastically to give a high level of tuition. I have seen the work carried out by more than one of her students and their work is neat, tidy and of a high standard. There are a lot of untrained people on the internet giving her a lot of stick because she has pointed out that insurance companies are tightening up, and will dig their heels in and not pay out in a lot of cases, if someone is tutored by an unqualified person. And in my opinion, this has opened a can of worms, highlighting to the members of the public to be sure that they are going to be covered under their insurance, and has caused an angry backlash from all the unqualified people who are taking money off members of the public, showing them extensions, giving a worthless certificate, and leading them to believe they can get insurance cover.

Has anyone got any info ?

Has anyone got any info ?

Hi, Ive just googled it ,
and it will all come up for you if you want some info ,:hug: x
or do you mean has anybody had any experience with this company ?

Has anyone had any experience ie: been trained by or had extensions by or do they know if its a legitimate company for certification and insurance. They have mentioned that they are waiting to be passed by HABIA. They have given an insurance company who after enquiring is happy to provide cover you when gain your certificate, so it does seem legit. Thanks:rolleyes:

Steer well away from Eloquent Hair.....thats all Im saying!!!

I wish I had know this 4 months ago as I have paid £2,310.00 for 10 techniques and this lady is nowhere to be seen, she does not answer her phone and no reply from my emails. So far she has only done a few and that was with a lot hard work to pin her down.

Iam so stressed and don't know what to do apart from going to court if she does not show up to finish the rest of the training.

I'm not slating eloquent hair...but my advice is to seek legal advice immediately!!!! l know from first hand experience that you have just thrown your hard earned cash down the drain.
I know l may be breaking a geek commandment, but l am sure that most professional hairdressers and extentionists would be horrified to find out about this womens antics- l wish that someone had warned me before l parted with my money. Yes this site is aimed at giving professional unbiased advice, and no it is not an outlet for vicious slandering, but when you have been on the recieving end of a con woman, l think that as a professional you have a right to warn others of anyone who professes to be something that they most certainly aren't.
:irked::mad:

Hello, You could try your local college to see if they are running a short course in Hair extensions. You would need to be a qualified hairdresser for this route as you will need to understand any contra indications present or that may occur and be able to cut the extensions into style so they don't look obvious.
It is very difficult to bond your own extensions in so prehaps sticking to the clip in variety may be another option. I have seen these sold on the highstreet and the demonstrators colour match for you and explain how to apply them.
Good Luck

Just get clip in hair extensions, they are very quick and easy to clip into your hair. You can get them online for a reasonable price compared to hair extensions salons or hair training courses. Also they wont damage your own hair like other techniques often do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had know this 4 months ago as I have paid £2,310.00 for 10 techniques and this lady is nowhere to be seen, she does not answer her phone and no reply from my emails. So far she has only done a few and that was with a lot hard work to pin her down.

Iam so stressed and don't know what to do apart from going to court if she does not show up to finish the rest of the training.

Hmm, Ever so helpfull when taking your credit card details...
Not so forthcoming when it actually comes to a days work, time keeping or after care.

:idea: I dont see how or why extension companies want you to "retrain" when you were previously certified using that method. Its sad just how they plan to make their money. I recently switched from Socap & Cinderella to Pierre Diamond Trends and they did not stick me with a cert class. I previously paid for my course and the methods do not change. that hair sure does which is why I switched...buyer beware when a company is forcing you to recert.

:idea: I dont see how or why extension companies want you to "retrain" when you were previously certified using that method. Its sad just how they plan to make their money. I recently switched from Socap & Cinderella to Pierre Diamond Trends and they did not stick me with a cert class. I previously paid for my course and the methods do not change. that hair sure does which is why I switched...buyer beware when a company is forcing you to recert.

I totally disagree. With any conversion from a reputable company,it is to ensure you are up to date and fully understand the product you will e using.

I'd be more concerned if they didn't require you to undergo a course :!:

Hi,
Insurance companys take years of experience and skills into account and dont just listen to anyone ... endorsed or not .... ect ect

Insurance companys would rather have one greatly skilled experienced trainer who is highly reccomended ,
because if this persons training is fantastic then decent insurance companys will always recognise this for sure
and therefore will insure all the those great students who have earned the rightful reccomendation from their excellent fully insured trainer to pass

Why ? ... because if people are trained up really well
then the insurance companys wont be paying out for any incompetent mistakes

the problem arises when people who do not have years of skilled experience behind them try to train others :smack:

Insurance claims are be made because incompetent trainers pass thier incompetent skills to thier students
who may or may not be endorsed by others ... ect ect

Insurance companys always look at Trainers experience and skills as some are at really very high levels

eg; the trainers who actually invented hair extensions and therfore
trained the trainer who then got endorsed..... ect ect
now just because this person is endorsed by others...
it doesnt give them the years and years of experiece needed now does it

I know which trainer I would choose...if I wanted to train
it would be an very experienced very reccomended one
who the insurance company personally know and have insured them
because they are highly skilled experienced and competent
not just becuse they are... endorsed by....ect ect .

When insurance companys take on an experienced trainer
who has already been with them for years
they know already know that they are onto a winner
and they know they will keep a healthy no claims bonus ,
plus they are going to pass more well trained students their way and with a well earned worthy certificate ,

Insurance companys are not silly they just dont insure anyone....
endorsed ect ect ... or not :)

Hi I agree also, I would think if the method hasnt changed then it would be pointless paying all over again for training that you have already done and paid for
which I might add will have been hundreds of pounds already :eek:

No way ,
in these cases I think they should offer a conversion course instead as only the products would be different not the application methods :hug:

Latest posts

Back