Hair extensionists, what would you choose?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bettierae

Reaction score
I'm not a hair geek but I'm intrigued, to offer your client the best in comfort, lastability AND most of all no damage to the hair (putting it in and removal) is there one technique you would choose over the others? Many thanks in advance xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not a hair geek but I'm intrigued, to offer your client the best in comfort, lastability AND most of all no damage to the hair (putting it in and removal) is there one technique you would choose over the others? Many thanks in advance xx

In my personal opinion weaved in hair extensions are very uncomfortable and most irritating. I'm not qualified to do them but I've done a lot of research and I always ask my clients opinion if they've had it fitted in past. However, any hair extension fitting method is not damaging if its professionally fitted , removed and all the after care advise followed.

I would only have pre bonded in my own hair as I think it's most comfortable and very secure in your hair. But if someone doesn't want any glue or heat involved then mini locks/easy locks are best! Don't like standard micro rings any more they are way too big

Hope this heaps 😀

Last edited:
I also think it is mostly a subject of personal preferences. Personally I have had tape- ins, micro rings and prebonded hair extensions and my choice of method is the latter. To me it feels most secure and comfortable and if applied correctly it is not damaging the hair whatsoever. But there are people out there who don't want their hair to be treated with high heat and glue so they might opt for micro -or nano rings. I think these two methods (prebonded and micro-nano rings) are the most popular. However, tape- ins seem to be gaining popularity too these days.

Latest posts

Back