Hair extensions - after 2 weeks felt like Yaki hair!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbi_123

Reaction score
My friend bought some stick tipped #60 extensions from Buyhair.co.uk for micro rings that I fitted for her.
She bought them from Buyhair as she was on a budget and was doing me a favour (letting me practise as I just finished a training course)

On the hair details it states it is "Grade AAA 100% human" and on the home page is states:
"Grade AAA' human hair is in most cases a cuticle aligned hair (sometimes referred to as Remi or Remy Quality), ensuring it all stays in many cases tangle free and prevents matting from occuring, it is one of the most durable hairs on the market and will last 3-5 months. "

Anyway she had these in for just under 2 weeks and rang me last night saying they felt weird. Well oh my gosh weird was an understatement!! the only way I could describe it was like Yaki hair!! it was so course and just didn't move. When she had it tyed in a ponytail and looked down her hair stayed stiff!!.
I just couldn't explain it! She only straightened it twice because she just tyed it up for work and used leave in conditioner everyday.
Even if she didn't follow the maintance sheet I gave her I doubt it could have got that bad in not even 2 weeks. Plus she's worn extensions for years.

Do you think its worth emailing the company and sending a sample of the hair?
The little strands didnt feel too bad when they were on their own.

you got cheap hair. Words like AAA or Remy are just words, they mean nothing.
To go like that, the hair is not cuticle correct, but combings that are dipped in acid to remove cuticle then coated in silicon to make it feel ok.
If you watch the film slumdog millionaire you will see that children pick over rubbish dumps. One of the things they look for are combings of hair out of people's brushes. This is hackled out, treated, and is usually called Remy hair.

Go back to your ext training company and ask them for a list of recommended hair suppliers.

Latest posts

Back