Hair extensions and a bit of pain?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Looking fir some advice before I start taking out my extensions.

I got them done 6 weeks ago by someone I had working for me. Bought all the stuff and some kick ass hair and got him to put them in for me. He did His training at college but I was his first "client" as such.

Now, I've had 3 come out with my hair stuck in the bond, what worries me is that they didn't hurt when coming out but beforehand where generally sore. Now I Have a lot of them that are really bunched up at the top- think a porosity test when you push the hair up and it bunches? So they ard hanging by three strands of hair with a big clump bunched up in the bond. It hurts a bit when I brush my Hair especially around the front, the finer areas. As I'm typing I am thinking I really need them out but just wanted your advice.

I can't live without them though. Ive found a local girl with a good rep that I'm going to get to do them next time but just don't know should I get them out now or just wing it and leave them as long as possible? Also they are very long grown out.

Help! Thanks in advance! X

Hey kimi
Are you separating your bonds and plaiting them before bed? It sounds like they are starting to Matt, just where the old hair is shedding, the little loose hair in the bonds try to wrap around other strands!
A lot of my clients get this.. Myself included!
Can you get someone in your salon to go through your hair to separate any matts?
Xxx

Ps... I wouldn't leave it too long to take them out if they are hanging far down :p x

Separating them like not letting them getting tangled? Yeh doing that but not plaiting them I'll try that. I understand what you are saying about matting but it's not like that. Say there is 20 hairs in the bond, 3 of them are hanging tight and the others are really slack, as in if the tight ones were to come out then the others would be tight? X

Here's a picture of one of the bunchy ones

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306844674.207873.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306844674.207873.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 300
Oh I see!! All I can think is the person who put them in has been a bit slack, I might be wrong, but they shouldn't look like that kimi.
Xxx

Do u think I should just take them out?

Looks like his technique wasn't great. Yes they need to come out.

If the bonds are not laying perfectly flat from the start, there are pressure areas which can pull hairs out, which then wrap around each other and cause those matts.
Are you down here anytime soon?

hiya yeah they dont seem to be laying the way they should plus it almost looks like its pulling on your own hair which is why the bonds that fell out had your hair on them as its just been gradually pulling then finally let go the bond might not have been sealed properly i would definately take them out before further damage xx

Aw I don't want horrible short hair again :-(

I don't have anything in tonight so might work on getting them out and then redone next week.

Not back to London til august Dawn- if jack gets this job I'll be back and forth quite regularly so might try and time visits with getting them done.

i've had hair extensions many times and to be honest the more i've had them done the more i've looked after them. they need sooo much looking after especially if they are a lot longer than your actual hair, they must be washed thoroughly and regularly and brushed regularly too. i found that when i got my first set done i didnt realise how much care and attention they needed a few of mine bunched up too.. all i did was give the girl a ring and she came an 'tweekd' them.. you should just say 2 the person that did them 2 help ya out and see what advice they will give you the next time they do them for you... how short is your own hair? and how long are the extensions as this can be a major issue to why they are bunching up

I dont like hair extension,sp painful

I dont like hair extension,sp painful

Got to agree ...
Great idea ... but,
maintaining them is a pain in the butt, getting them out is a pain in the butt, living with them is a pain in the butt, paying for them is a pain in the butt - and they always look like what they are ...

Latest posts

Back