Hair extensions course. Which one and why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusion4hair

Reaction score
Hi I've been in the hairdressing / beauty business for 19 years and now want and looking to go forward into the extensions side of hair.

Does anyone recommend any good courses? I'm in the Bolton( Manchester) area x
I would travel but obviously not mega far x
Info on courses/ prices etc etc wud be fab!!!!!

Hi fusion for hair, I'm in the same boat, have been looking into hair extension training for a few weeks now. So far I have looked at Balmain, Lushus, KM and great lengths. I have now descarded KM from list as I feel they are too expensive as I would require training at home (£799) for two methods. Lush us are looking good at the mo, £630 from home for 2 methods or if you can get to one of there training sessions it is only £420 + model to pay £50 for extensions.
Balmain only use training heads which you supply yourself, plus there methods are slightly different as they use there own bonds so unsure; If you purchased there kit, not site you would be able to use with other brands, does anyone know? Not due I like the idea of training on a block as they don't feel pain and cannot say if your doing a good job but obviously Balmain is a good well known brand and that is swaying me. Great lengths; seem very professional- think I would get best training with these guys as course is 3 days long but I will have to travel as there is no training near me :/ not good on motorways! Also I have yet to get a price for training as I am meeting rep on Monday to discuss. Great lengths again do not use universal methods as far as I know? So if you buy their kit, you cN only use great lengths hair.
Sorry for essay, hope this helps :)

Hi thanks for all that info, do u have any of the contact details at all honey ;) xx

I just went into there websites, typed in my info in the contact forms and they got back to me within a couple of hours. Let us know what you think.

Hi fusion for hair, I'm in the same boat, have been looking into hair extension training for a few weeks now. So far I have looked at Balmain, Lushus, KM and great lengths. I have now descarded KM from list as I feel they are too expensive as I would require training at home (£799) for two methods. Lush us are looking good at the mo, £630 from home for 2 methods or if you can get to one of there training sessions it is only £420 + model to pay £50 for extensions.
Balmain only use training heads which you supply yourself, plus there methods are slightly different as they use there own bonds so unsure; If you purchased there kit, not site you would be able to use with other brands, does anyone know? Not due I like the idea of training on a block as they don't feel pain and cannot say if your doing a good job but obviously Balmain is a good well known brand and that is swaying me. Great lengths; seem very professional- think I would get best training with these guys as course is 3 days long but I will have to travel as there is no training near me :/ not good on motorways! Also I have yet to get a price for training as I am meeting rep on Monday to discuss. Great lengths again do not use universal methods as far as I know? So if you buy their kit, you cN only use great lengths hair.
Sorry for essay, hope this helps :)

I use my Balmain kit for all brands of hair, also lush us for micro rings as trained with them for those.

I'm learning a lot from you guys.. Thanks...

Hi
Again, i trained with Lush in 4 methods, fusion, pre bonded, shrink tubes and micro rings. I trained at home, the course was very informative and even when i felt i needed further help in the weeks after my training the girls at Lush Us were on hand. I personally liked the fact that for what seems to be one of the biggest training providers they're very dedicated to their trainees. I buy my supplies from them and have now been using them for over 4 years. However, as others on here have said, make sure you do your research into who you train with as in the long run you could end up spending twice to make sure you're trained in all of the methods you want to offer which seems unnecessary?? Good Luck

Ah thanks to u all that is some greAt info x

I've never heard of lush, where are they based and do u no how much u paid at all?? X

I trained quite some time ago with Lush Us Uk. Think I paid about £450 back then but got a fab kit and models hair included. they train nationwide. google them they're well worth a look

Oooo will do thanks xx

I trained with Lush Us for Micro ring and pre bond, found them very informative and loved the work on live models. I do however use a range of hair suppliers to meet with peoples budgets, plus to widen my colour options.

Thanks for all ur info x will get looking at courses now

Latest posts

Back