Hair extensions help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautygirl1977

Reaction score
Hi, I've nipped over from beauty to ask what aftercare I should have been told for hair extensions please?
I have a half head of Cinderella and there is a wee bit matted. I got them done about a month ago. I seem to have really bad split ends on them too. Any help much appreciated. Thank u. X

Your extensionist will usually provide you with the correct aftercare for your extensions, have you contacted them to ask? Try balmain its fantastic, also see if you can get your hands on some morroccan argan oil, it works a treat on hair extensions xx

Hi, I've nipped over from beauty to ask what aftercare I should have been told for hair extensions please?
I have a half head of Cinderella and there is a wee bit matted. I got them done about a month ago. I seem to have really bad split ends on them too. Any help much appreciated. Thank u. X

Have you had a maintenance appointment yet? If not I would suggest that as a starting point for the extensionist to sort the matting sooner rather than later.

U would suggest a hair extension shampoo and conditioner and an Aegean oil and protein spray - if u are not already using

I didn't get any aftercare? I didn't know you got such a thing until I seen it on here. I am quite friendly with my hairdresser and now feel I can't ask?! Does that make sense?! Lol! What does the oil do? What do I do with it? Thanks

Wow im quite surprised that someone how uses Cinderella did not give you after care advice or retail/ include after care products ,or mention a maintenance appointment ,because it not the cheapest hair on the market ,not that is really relevant but how much did you paid and how many bonds do you have :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

It was lovely when I first got it done. I did have a appointment after a week to check them. I'm going in a week on sat so I can talk to her then but she told me to use any shampoo I wanted. I was £180 for half head but she has a special offer on just now. I think she's a great hairdresser but just don't know why I didn't get any aftercare which to be honest I didn't worry about until now it's not looking so good!

Not sure how many I have sorry I will need to count them. My bonds are nearly a inch long is this bad? I think I seen that somewhere.
I thought this was going to last 3 months but I think they look about ready to take out now.

Not sure how many I have sorry I will need to count them. My bonds are nearly a inch long is this bad? I think I seen that somewhere.
I thought this was going to last 3 months but I think they look about ready to take out now.

An inch long bond is large - they should have gone through the aftercare - how to separate the bonds to prevent matting, how to brush and tie hair up to prevent traction and the types of products to use.

Some products break bonds down and are not good for bonds, and as the hair is getting no nutrients it needs 'feeding' with Moroccan oil or similar

All of this should be discussed after fitting before you leave

Thanks so much guys! Oh this is not good! I was told nothing! Not sure how to approach it with her? Is there such a thing as a aftercare leaflet for hair extensions? Like I give to people for beauty. I could ask for this maybe? Thanks x

Oh and I'm getting married next month and wanted my hair perfect :( scared. X

This is appauling!!

No aftercare advise?? thats like giving a car to someone without a liscence!
You cant use any shampoo because as posted above the oils will break down the bonds causing them to slip.
An inch long bond is rediculous in my oppinion they should be reasonably small and neat.
Definately get purchasing some argan oil and a correct extensions brush. Try a soft bristle brush or a loop brush.

Did you get any pre fitting advise?
I dont like hearing that ppl pay out and dont get everything they deserve, such as aftercare and advise. The hair extensions world is a mind field anyway so new wearers need as much advise and help as possible.

hope you sort it out chick x

Thanks so much guys! Oh this is not good! I was told nothing! Not sure how to approach it with her? Is there such a thing as a aftercare leaflet for hair extensions? Like I give to people for beauty. I could ask for this maybe? Thanks x

We do give our customers an aftercare leaflet including the dos and donts which in my opinion should be standard practice for all extensionists

If you need some advice pm me some pictures perhaps of the hair, bonds and I don't mind having a little look (obviously difficult with me not being there but I will do my best) and perhaps give you some advice as to how to approach with her

I ended up picking out the matted ones because I was freaked out! I will pm you a pic tonight. Thanks so much guys!
Where can I buy the shampoo and oil? I have beauty express and Sally accounts? I'm not buying from eBay etc. I use kms at the moment from another salon. I got a loop brush from her a couple of weeks ago after I text and asked her for one. X

Also no "pre fitting advice"?? Oh no what should that have been?! X

What colour is your hair? Only use 'Moroccan' branded oil on darker colour, if your hair is blonde and you have a preferance for 'Moroccan' oil they do a light, but there are many nice Argan oils on the market, your hairdresser possibly has one she can offer. why dont you use this as a way to approach the subject of aftercare/maintenance? Get in touch as if she sells Argon oil as you heard its great for extensions, and if she is friendly with you then bring up subject or aftercare 7 maintenance appointment? Sounds to me she has done a bit of a slap dash job on you as she is a 'Friend'

I ended up picking out the matted ones because I was freaked out! I will pm you a pic tonight. Thanks so much guys!
Where can I buy the shampoo and oil? I have beauty express and Sally accounts? I'm not buying from eBay etc. I use kms at the moment from another salon. I got a loop brush from her a couple of weeks ago after I text and asked her for one. X

I would ask if she offers them and as another list says use this as a way to approach the subject - perhaps "I have been advise to use x and y, do you offer this? Also do you have my aftercare information". She may have simply forgot - no excuse but may be apologetic etc as I know I would be devastated if I though one of my clients was worrie and didnt know what they were doing

If she can't get you any , we have some in stock if you wanted some just pm me but I am sure she will recommends some anyway x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347660944.809782.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347660963.516833.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347661005.315168.jpg

Hope I'm ok to upload on here. Just wanted you guys opinions. Thanks. X

Dont want to scare you but In my opinion they don't look like they have been done by a component ,let alone qualified extensionist, and with the lack off advice offered I'd ask to see her qualifications :irked:

Those bonds are far too big

Latest posts

Back