Hair extensions - most common colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theextensionist

Reaction score
Hello fellow geeks,

After a long hiatus working mainly with my VIP clients and on film and TV I am not starting up my books again. I am looking to buy a large inventory of hair as I want to be able to colour match perfectly and use the colours needed on the day as I find many times this changes and you've ordered too much of one colour or too little of another one.

So in the interest of research id love to ask all my fellow Extensionists what your most popular colours or colour combinations are.

Mine would be:

#1b
#24/#22 with a mix of #18 for natural blonde

Any help appreciated :)

Actually after having a look #4 is a massive winner with like almost 1/5 of my orders otherwise its #1,2,6,8,24 in almost same amount of orders.

Hi it's good to see you back in salon geek, been missing your expertise ;) mines are the following colours

1b

I like mixing 3 and 4 together and use the 613 for doing a lot of ash coloured extensions as I tone these a lot, if someone who has 613 has a few subtle lowlights I tend to get the 22 and colour these myself to match the lowlights as I find the whole colour all fades naturally together xx

Mine are easily 2,4,6 & 24/8, 27, 613

For me it's 2/4, 20/22/24, 60/613, in those mixes with the occasional 6/8 thrown in :) nice to see you back on sg the extensionist :)

You need to consider many factors before coloring extensions to get the exact color combination for the hair and beautiful extensions at the same time.

You should not use over 20 volume per oxide when choosing the color as a bigger amount could damage the lighter base colors. Cream based peroxide is ideal for the best results. Do not use product with high amount of ammonia. Remember, Color can only deposit color –not lift.

Thank you everyone! Yes it is great to be back some exciting things happening and have been getting my timings down so went from 3,3 hours to now doing a full head in 2 hours. Have mostly been working on shoots and VIP but now going to start doing clients again.

Might as well ask do you guys buy inventory or "buy as you go?". I have just found it to be a bit of a hassle and also for clients to first come for a consultation and then fitting as almost 99% go ahead with fitting anyway.

Also means I can save 20% but it can be a risk. But I realised I spent so much money last year on extensions! Its ridiculous when I added it all up for my self assessment.

My supplier doesnt sell colour 3 which is a bit of a headache as I really like that colour. They do not have any mixes either so I tend to mix myself and I find that colours, depending on how they have been placed, mix so well anyway.

Thanks again :)

Hello fellow geeks,

After a long hiatus working mainly with my VIP clients and on film and TV I am not starting up my books again. I am looking to buy a large inventory of hair as I want to be able to colour match perfectly and use the colours needed on the day as I find many times this changes and you've ordered too much of one colour or too little of another one.

So in the interest of research id love to ask all my fellow Extensionists what your most popular colours or colour combinations are.

Mine would be:

#1b

Any help appreciated :)[/QUOTE

How did you reduce your fitting time by 90 minutes? Id love to knock an hour off mine lol

Hello fellow geeks,

Mine would be:

#1b

Any help appreciated :)[/QUOTE

How did you reduce your fitting time by 90 minutes? Id love to knock an hour off mine lol

I've got mine down to 2 hours. Mainly just by organising my tools more. I wear a tool belt. Found this helps me massively. I'm a ditz and can't see what's in front of my face most of the time x

Sent from the catphone

My most popular colours are 1b, 2, 4, 16, 22, 24, 613, 60.

I feel like discussing timings would be a whole different topic but yeah same for me, organising tools and practise.

I feel like discussing timings would be a whole different topic but yeah same for me, organising tools and practise.

I have all of the above and more lol
I think it also depends on how much hair you fit for a full head, plus taking the time to cut blend and style correctly to give the hair a nice professional finish can also take time

Latest posts

Back