Hair extensions nightmare, difficult client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she is threatening to go to the police about me now saying i do peoples hair and rip them off. xx

Not sure the police would have much to say about that[emoji6]

Did she end up turning up for you? X

no she wants to come tomorrow now but i don't want to touch her after her behaviour towards me! and now she's threatening to go to the police about me x

Not sure the police would have much to say about that[emoji6]

it just has me worried now am i going to end up having police turn up on my door? lol can't believe this drama!! I haven't ever had to deal with anything like this!

it just has me worried now am i going to end up having police turn up on my door? lol can't believe this drama!! I haven't ever had to deal with anything like this!

More likely her door for wasting police time

no she wants to come tomorrow now but i don't want to touch her after her behaviour towards me! and now she's threatening to go to the police about me x
Just block her and don't reply any more,that's the only thing you can do at the moment.

Just block her and don't reply any more,that's the only thing you can do at the moment.

Thanks thats what I'm doing now but she keeps hounding me so blocking her now x

The police arent going to give a monkeys. Block her stupid girl

Thanks thats what I'm doing now but she keeps hounding me so blocking her now x

What an unpleasant little madam. She's harassing you.

Tell her that she's lost the goodwill you initially offered and if she continues to harrass you, you will file a criminal action against her.

The Police have no jurisdiction to become involved in civil/consumer matters however, harrassment is a criminal offence and they can get involved if you show them evidence from your text messages.

At least you've learnt some valuable lessons from this experience so try not to dwell on the negatives. :)

What an unpleasant little madam. She's harassing you.

Tell her that she's lost the goodwill you initially offered and if she continues to harrass you, you will file a criminal action against her.

The Police have no jurisdiction to become involved in civil/consumer matters however, harrassment is a criminal offence and they can get involved if you show them evidence from your text messages.

At least you've learnt some valuable lessons from this experience so try not to dwell on the negatives. :)

She really won't leave me alone, could she take me to a small claims court or sue me as she was unhappy with the service? I haven't damaged or cut her actual hair what so ever xx

She really won't leave me alone, could she take me to a small claims court or sue me as she was unhappy with the service? I haven't damaged or cut her actual hair what so ever xx
She doest have a leg to stand on. You don't owe her money and you Carried out the service she agreed to which you have the texts to prove so she cant claim compensation for faulty goods or services. If she does file a claim you can submit a defence including evidence which is your messages. Block her! X

She doest have a leg to stand on. You don't owe her money and you Carried out the service she agreed to which you have the texts to prove so she cant claim compensation for faulty goods or services. If she does file a claim you can submit a defence including evidence which is your messages. Block her! X

I know it is worrying and upsetting but as courtjb91 says you have followed the right course of action offering her the date and time agreed to sort out the problem, your client has no legal standing. On the other hand, you have been harassed continually, threatened with police and been caused unnecessary stress, she is the one in the wrong and you would have a good case against her and her behaviour towards yourself. Block her and try not to worry, there's always going to be these sorts of clients and most hairdressers and extensionsists have had to cope with these unreasonable, difficult clients at some stage of their working lives. Good Luck and don't give up because of this unpleasant, small minded person!!

Also just an add on, contact your insurance company they may have some advice and will probably tell you the same as us that you have nothing to worry about and they won't be paying her anything.

If that's the case you can tell her to contact your insurance and they'll tell her to bugger off :)

I know exactly how you feel. I had an unhappy client 2 years ago and although I didn't get harassed or hounded as badly as you have I still couldn't eat or sleep! Honestly made me question my skills & worth. I even switched my phone off for hours at a time. That horrible sense of dread hung over me for weeks afterwards. In the end I blocked her. I never wanted to block her as I find it to be unprofessional but I'm some cases it has to be done!!! I never heard a peep since xx chin up worse things could happen xx

I know exactly how you feel. I had an unhappy client 2 years ago and although I didn't get harassed or hounded as badly as you have I still couldn't eat or sleep! Honestly made me question my skills & worth. I even switched my phone off for hours at a time. That horrible sense of dread hung over me for weeks afterwards. In the end I blocked her. I never wanted to block her as I find it to be unprofessional but I'm some cases it has to be done!!! I never heard a peep since xx chin up worse things could happen xx

Thanks that's totally how I feel! Thank you for your kind words I'm so glad that I posted on here! Everyone is so supportive xx

I know it is worrying and upsetting but as courtjb91 says you have followed the right course of action offering her the date and time agreed to sort out the problem, your client has no legal standing. On the other hand, you have been harassed continually, threatened with police and been caused unnecessary stress, she is the one in the wrong and you would have a good case against her and her behaviour towards yourself. Block her and try not to worry, there's always going to be these sorts of clients and most hairdressers and extensionsists have had to cope with these unreasonable, difficult clients at some stage of their working lives. Good Luck and don't give up because of this unpleasant, small minded person!!

Thank you! What your saying is right it's just so stressful but everyone on here has been so kind and made me feel better, I've done clients since her and they were happy just like my past clients, she's threatening to write about me everywhere now and tell everyone about me because she 'isn't done' in her words.

Thank you! What your saying is right it's just so stressful but everyone on here has been so kind and made me feel better, I've done clients since her and they were happy just like my past clients, she's threatening to write about me everywhere now and tell everyone about me because she 'isn't done' in her words.
Wolves dont loose sleep over the opinion of sheep. You know your work Is good, your clients know your work is good one you wouldn't have been successful for the past 3 years. Do you have her on your Facebook page?

She may Slag you off on her Facebook and a few of her fellow sheep mates will comment 'omg that's so bad yada yada yada' but their opinion doesn't matter. Think of all the potential reach your loyal clients sing your praises to rather than a few of her Facebook friends that may pay attention to the ramblings of a mad women x

Wolves dont loose sleep over the opinion of sheep. You know your work Is good, your clients know your work is good one you wouldn't have been successful for the past 3 years. Do you have her on your Facebook page?

She may Slag you off on her Facebook and a few of her fellow sheep mates will comment 'omg that's so bad yada yada yada' but their opinion doesn't matter. Think of all the potential reach your loyal clients sing your praises to rather than a few of her Facebook friends that may pay attention to the ramblings of a mad women x

Your so right, no I don't have her on Facebook or anything like that she has my email address which she sent me emails at 1.30 am and I've finally blocked her from emailing me, thanks she really is a mad woman, we have to be so careful as freelance workers x

Latest posts

Back