Hair Extensions supplier, HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sami sparkle

Reaction score
hI everyone, can anybody help? Im looking for a good supplier of pre bonded hair that is good quality but not too expensive. ive tried lots of different ones however i find that there is only a small amount of hair to each bond. i like the thickness of each bond with balmain, however this is quite pricey. what can you reccommed?

Hi hun,
I know where your coming from , I have samples so mamy brands of prebonded hair in the last 6 years. For me and my clients the best quality to price is Celebrity Elite Bohyme remi. Its at least 1g per strand and as thick as cinderella / balmain and holds its thickness all the way down to the tip.
It works out a little more than half the price of the Cinderella ect.
There are a couple of other brands which are coming up ok such as foxy ( much better than it used to be ) still not as thick but quality pretty good. Currently doing some trialing with Lush Us hair. they do a 22" which is also 1g weight of hair. x

lush us uk,are the best ive found so far x

lush us uk,are the best ive found so far x

Hi endless,

I am having a few trials with the lush us with both pre bonded and micro links, how long do you find you clients can wear this hair for in the same condition as new. Can it be reinstalled at 3 months ? thanks x

Hi,
I mainly do hot fusion, but I have a following of die hard micro ring clients who love them, and yes, the hair ive had from lush us is more than ok to be re-used,i try to educate my clients as much as possible on how to look after there hair.
I did however recently do another extensionists hair for her(micro rings) and she bought hers from buy hair,it was lovely hair,20" 613, and it was gorgeous!I think she said shes had other hairs from them that was nice too.
she said she had bought some stick tips from lush us before,and wasnt too happy with them,and that they tapered off alot at the ends,almost half way down!

but i make my own stick tips, i just prefer to, then i can custom blend colours easier,and dont get that 2 tone, zebra stripe look,lol!

ive tried all sorts of companies,and i know that if i get the hair from lush ive got peace of mind that my clients arent going to end up with dread-lock looking hair.
so maybe worth trying buy hair?
Kate x

Hi endless,

I am having a few trials with the lush us with both pre bonded and micro links, how long do you find you clients can wear this hair for in the same condition as new. Can it be reinstalled at 3 months ? thanks x

Hi,
I mainly do hot fusion, but I have a following of die hard micro ring clients who love them, and yes, the hair ive had from lush us is more than ok to be re-used,i try to educate my clients as much as possible on how to look after there hair.
I did however recently do another extensionists hair for her(micro rings) and she bought hers from buy hair,it was lovely hair,20" 613, and it was gorgeous!I think she said shes had other hairs from them that was nice too.
she said she had bought some stick tips from lush us before,and wasnt too happy with them,and that they tapered off alot at the ends,almost half way down!

but i make my own stick tips, i just prefer to, then i can custom blend colours easier,and dont get that 2 tone, zebra stripe look,lol!

ive tried all sorts of companies,and i know that if i get the hair from lush ive got peace of mind that my clients arent going to end up with dread-lock looking hair.
Kate x

Thanks for that kate,

Do you buy weft hair then from lush us for your fusion ? Thats interesting as the sample s of the nicro ring on the 5g and 8 g are very tapered down to the ends but the 1 g looked ok.
have tried buy hair both weft and prebonded and wasnt impressed. Again it looked great when new but my regular trialing client was found it didnt last very well. didnt kn ow they did the link hair and also I know hair companies can improve as when first tryed foxyhair it was awful but having some good results at the moment. x

oh, i might have to try foxy again then, got some samples from them sent about a year ago, really bad! was like horses hair! (probably was,lol)
Im actually in the process of finding a supplier of my own,instead of buying off other companies, im ordering so much at the minuite, im thinking of cutting out the middle man! : )
x

Hi,

Kate x

with the buy hair was the thickness consistant right to the end? And buy hair stock several makes, which did she have?

Thanks
J Xx

Hi ladies,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but have read lots over last week on here, about different brands etc, thanks for the lush us tips, have corresponded with Sam, my question is do you tell clients what you are using, do you pass the savings on to them, I've looked at a few of your websites, which again very helpful, but can't remember do you advertise a certain brandor just method?

I sometimes think to much info to clients, help them look for a reason to find a problem, so less maybe is more!!!

My website eventually went live today and I'm promoting Balmain, but now think, maybe a cheaper option, but would that be misleading?

Question, question???

Cheers ladies

Sharon x

One of the problems of looking for inexpensive hair is in knowing that it is ethically sourced. It is not difficult to supply cheap and high quality hair if the lady it belonged to was taken up a dark alley and mugged. This is actually happening and some of us will be buying that hair and unknowingly supporting this activity.
One way round it is to find what you believe to be an ethical supplier who puts ethics first in their choice of manufacturer and then stick to that supplier. Once you build up a relationship with a good supplier you have peace of mind in many ways.
I have used Lush-us for 2 or 3 years and have found them to be the very best in reliability, quality and willingness to go the extra mile.
If anything should be less than ideal they will put it right imnmediately. An excellent company without doubt.

Yes, it was, it was really nice.
Im not sure sorry
x

with the buy hair was the thickness consistant right to the end? And buy hair stock several makes, which did she have?

Thanks
J Xx

All i tell a client about the hair is the colour,length,texture,and that its human hair,and how to look after it etc, in consultation.
Alot of clients do asl where i buy it from,then I tell them I get it from a hair supplier.I dont see the need to go into exactly where i get it from, unless they want to know,and then of course I will tell them.I dont quite know what you mean by do you pass the savings onto them? I think you mean, if i buy cheaper hair for 1 client,do they get a discounted price? I have a rough price for a full head, but until I do a consultation I do not give an exact price anyway,and I take into consideration the cost of the hair,and all of my overheads.I guess it goes on how you budget your own costs,In my head I have a rough guide of what the hair is going to cost,as I dont think you can just buy 1, or 2 packets for a client,and take them,and come home with no hair, often ill take the colours ive matched, and a red,dark,and lighter version, to blend,therefore building up quite a large stock over time.So sometimes I will get a full head of say, normally a #4, without buying any hair atall.
And no, I dont advertise any brand, I advertise me as a "brand" he,he
**Endless Extensions**
I couldnt advertise any brand, because I try different all the time,I mainly use lush us,as I find the hair really nice,unless I get a client who wants say virgin hair,micro-rings,then of course the price goes up considerably.
Also i wouldnt advertise a brand, why should we if were not getting anything from it?

hope this all makes sense, im writing this very late at night,after too many coffees,and a session of putting my own fusion in!
Kate x

Hi ladies,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but have read lots over last week on here, about different brands etc, thanks for the lush us tips, have corresponded with Sam, my question is do you tell clients what you are using, do you pass the savings on to them, I've looked at a few of your websites, which again very helpful, but can't remember do you advertise a certain brandor just method?

I sometimes think to much info to clients, help them look for a reason to find a problem, so less maybe is more!!!

My website eventually went live today and I'm promoting Balmain, but now think, maybe a cheaper option, but would that be misleading?

Question, question???

Cheers ladies

Sharon x

I totally agree!

One of the problems of looking for inexpensive hair is in knowing that it is ethically sourced. It is not difficult to supply cheap and high quality hair if the lady it belonged to was taken up a dark alley and mugged. This is actually happening and some of us will be buying that hair and unknowingly supporting this activity.
One way round it is to find what you believe to be an ethical supplier who puts ethics first in their choice of manufacturer and then stick to that supplier. Once you build up a relationship with a good supplier you have peace of mind in many ways.
I have used Lush-us for 2 or 3 years and have found them to be the very best in reliability, quality and willingness to go the extra mile.
If anything should be less than ideal they will put it right imnmediately. An excellent company without doubt.

All i tell a client about the hair is the colour,length,texture,and that its human hair,and how to look after it etc, in consultation.
Alot of clients do asl where i buy it from,then I tell them I get it from a hair supplier.I dont see the need to go into exactly where i get it from, unless they want to know,and then of course I will tell them.I dont quite know what you mean by do you pass the savings onto them? I think you mean, if i buy cheaper hair for 1 client,do they get a discounted price? I have a rough price for a full head, but until I do a consultation I do not give an exact price anyway,and I take into consideration the cost of the hair,and all of my overheads.I guess it goes on how you budget your own costs,In my head I have a rough guide of what the hair is going to cost,as I dont think you can just buy 1, or 2 packets for a client,and take them,and come home with no hair, often ill take the colours ive matched, and a red,dark,and lighter version, to blend,therefore building up quite a large stock over time.So sometimes I will get a full head of say, normally a #4, without buying any hair atall.
And no, I dont advertise any brand, I advertise me as a "brand" he,he
**Endless Extensions**
I couldnt advertise any brand, because I try different all the time,I mainly use lush us,as I find the hair really nice,unless I get a client who wants say virgin hair,micro-rings,then of course the price goes up considerably.
Also i wouldnt advertise a brand, why should we if were not getting anything from it?

hope this all makes sense, im writing this very late at night,after too many coffees,and a session of putting my own fusion in!
Kate x

Thanks Kate,

I know exactly where you're coming from, think once I've got a few more customers I'll buy to suit, with brands etc...

You're right, you're the brand!!

Sharon xx

Thanks Kate,

I know exactly where you're coming from, think once I've got a few more customers I'll buy to suit, with brands etc...

You're right, you're the brand!!

Sharon xx

This maybe long but hopefully will help u!

Just wanted to pass on what I tend to do... which I think makes the client feel more like they have a choice rather than telling them.

So I advertise 100% Human Remy Hair (thts all I will touch)... no branding unless I have a special on the hair (ie supplier having an offer people like this good selling point too)

So I contacted several companies asking for samples (foxy, hairextension-shop, lush us, hairextensionhairplanet, tasha jacks and various others) and got myself a few colour rings and labelled them up so I knew whos was whos.

Once I recieved the hair I also labelled these up in tubs (like chinese takeaway boxes lol) I didnt write prices on them but colour coded with stickers ie green is £xxx for xxx bonds (just a note so I know)

I then worked out an application fee I was happy earning ontop of the hair (mines is £50 an hour) I dont tell the client this but I keep it in mind when giving the estimate.

So I trondle off to my clients and say ok so first things first we need to talior the extensions to you. Pull your boxes out and take your lids off (don't get them mixed up but eventually you'll feel and see the difference)
Go threw the brands ie virgin, temple blah blah blah...

Put it next to there hair they'll get a feel for the hair... advise them where you can but let them ultimately let them make the desision... If you make it and its not right they'll moan etc but if they said NO I WANT THIS ONE its there choice!

So thats how I go about hair extensions.. long winded i know lol x

I use Cinderella for 99% of my clients. I have been doing human hair extensions for 18 years and in my experience they do the best quality hair. I know it's very expensive but you get what you pay for! If it lasts 4 months if perfect condition then it doesn't work out much more than cheaper hair which needs regular top ups and has to be replacced after 12 weeks.

I'm surprised by the love for the Celebrity Elite on here. I tried them years ago when I bonded weft hair and thought it was nice. I recently bought some pre bonded of theirs for my hair and took it out after a week as the texture was frizzy when washed and it looked awful!

For some clients who don't want to pay for Cinderella I use remy hair from the wholesalers which I bond myself either before hand or as I install. I usually use Sensationelle or Sleek but only their expensive ranges as the cheap hair is awful. As I have been doing extensions for so long, I have seen the quality of hair decline as the demand has increased drastically.

Like I said you get what you pay for and I'm lucky to have clients that are still coming to me after 15 odd years and they wouldn't do that if I used cheap hair!!

:)

Hello

I am completely new to this so if I mess up I apologise. I have signed up because I was searching for information regarding weights of prebonded hair and I came across the whole conversation you have all been having about prebonds and hair etc.......I have been doing Extensions for about 8 years and as a hairdresser I previously trained with Balmain and Raccoon (had to due to salons I was working at etc) I have since retrained with Lushus and I learnt more with them than I did with the other 2 ridiculously expensive companies. I then decided to give them a go for hair (cos my model had it in in her training and she loved it) I now only ever use them but I had the same question that you lot had regarding the length ratio (the hair tapering off) so I emailed Rachel and she explained everything. I will try to relay it in brief but am sure if you contact them they will help cos they were great with me. The more hair you have per starnd of full length (i.e. 18" ) increases the price so the better length ratio you have make sit more expensive...they have now changed from their original supplier because of that and I don't have this problem with their new hair and I love it more than the old stuff they had but the length is better....but when fitting their hair before (they were right in what they said) because they told me if it is a little tapered it give s amore natural look and it definately does. on't know if this has helped but just wanted to join in. Don't don't if this will help anyone either but I found lush us because I used to use a company called Rapunzels and I think they have taken over them now ???:lol:

Very comprehensive explanation. Thanks. I have so far only used Lush-Us and expect them to continue to be my main supplier but I do see the benefit of having choices and letting the client decide. Great work. Thanks for that.

Linda

This maybe long but hopefully will help u!

Just wanted to pass on what I tend to do... which I think makes the client feel more like they have a choice rather than telling them.

So I advertise 100% Human Remy Hair (thts all I will touch)... no branding unless I have a special on the hair (ie supplier having an offer people like this good selling point too)

So I contacted several companies asking for samples (foxy, hairextension-shop, lush us, hairextensionhairplanet, tasha jacks and various others) and got myself a few colour rings and labelled them up so I knew whos was whos.

Once I recieved the hair I also labelled these up in tubs (like chinese takeaway boxes lol) I didnt write prices on them but colour coded with stickers ie green is £xxx for xxx bonds (just a note so I know)

I then worked out an application fee I was happy earning ontop of the hair (mines is £50 an hour) I dont tell the client this but I keep it in mind when giving the estimate.

So I trondle off to my clients and say ok so first things first we need to talior the extensions to you. Pull your boxes out and take your lids off (don't get them mixed up but eventually you'll feel and see the difference)
Go threw the brands ie virgin, temple blah blah blah...

Put it next to there hair they'll get a feel for the hair... advise them where you can but let them ultimately let them make the desision... If you make it and its not right they'll moan etc but if they said NO I WANT THIS ONE its there choice!

So thats how I go about hair extensions.. long winded i know lol x

Latest posts

Back